Monday, January 19, 2009

blessed  [bles-id; blest]: blissfully happy or contented.

Ever have those moments where you wonder what in the world you did to be so incredibly blessed? I'm totally feeling that today. Of course, days like today are few and far between the days where I feel like the Earth is going to open up and swallow me whole, but that's besides the point.

  • After only 1 week of being unemployed, I found a job. A job that I'm good at and a job that will allow me to continue paying rent, making my car payment, and keeps food in my refrigerator. It may not be my dream job, but I'm gaining trust and earning respect right now, which is slowly leading to me learning lots of new things. New things that I thought would never interest me...but do. Like, numbers and stuff.
  • I have one of those "they-don't-make-em-like-that-anymore" kinds of boyfriends. He opens the car door for me. Puts his hand on the small of my back when we enter a crowded room. Takes my coat off when I walk in the door--but not before embracing me in a huge hug and giving me a kiss. Cooks dinner for me (as long as I do the dishes afterward) ;). Asks how my day was and waits for my answer. Washes my back in the shower. Dotes on me when I'm not feeling well or am in pain. Washes, waxes, vacuums and details my car--just because.
  • I have a family who genuinely cares for me and about my well being. A family who is proud of me and who loves me unconditionally. A family who, though they know I am capable of doing wrong and making bad choices, supports me wholly.
  • I live in San Diego. Easily one of the most gorgeous cities on earth! I can hear the waves crashing at night as I lay in my bed. I can run along the water on the boardwalk, or on the sand, on any given day at any time. I can drive an hour to go hiking in the mountains or I can drive an hour and go play in the snow. Today is January 19th and it is 72 degrees outside. REALLY?! 'Nuff said.
  • I am healthy. My body does what I want it to, when I want it to. (For the most part). I have no major health issues and rarely do I have aches and pains.
  • I am intelligent. I learn new things quickly and with ease. Rarely do I get flustered or intimidated by learning new things because I am confident in myself and know that my intelligence will bring me through it.

Today I feel BLESSED!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    And well, I'm not getting ahead of myself, it's only been 2 dates, but opening the car door for me every time, dropping me in front so I don't have to walk in the snow, and hitting the seat warmer button before I have a chance to? Well, a girl could get used to that! Glad Matt is a gentleman too :)

    And umm, it was like 20 here today :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the good attitude! and I'm stealing your 101 list idea.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP