Monday, January 5, 2009

Unemployment: Day One

6:00AM: Alarm sounds annoyingly, signaling Matt it's time to get up and go to work. Signaling me that ::ohyeah!:: I no longer have a work to go to. I hit snooze for another 9 minutes of snuggling.

6:09AM: Alarm sounds. Again. Two times more annoying than previously. Matt is oblivious. The alarm proceeds to sound twice more, at which point I inform Matt it is, in fact, 6:27AM. He hops out of bed and out the door he goes. 

6:40AM: Matt wakes me up with a text message letting me know that it is "38 degrees!" outside. Lovely. But I'm all cozy in my warm bed. With the new cozy sheets on it. And, well, I can't say I'm jealous he's outside in 38 degree weather and I'm not.

8:42AM: I peel myself away from the cozyness (cozyness? Is this a word?) that is my bed and decide to get the day started. This comprises of moving from my bed to the couch until 9:30AM, at which time I washed my face, brushed my teeth, threw on the clothes I wore to church last night and jammed out the door to pick up my last paycheck.

10:00AM: Get to the office...errr...my OLD office, do the small talk thing (slightly awkward at first) and then get down to business. My check. Which she does not have and I need to come back tomorrow at 10. Ugh.

10:09AM: Home. More lounging. Stare at the Christmas tree, that has still not undecorated itself. Or taken itself down. How annoying. More lounging. I'm not taking the tree down, I decide. Matt told me you're supposed to leave it up until the 6th anyway. Because that's what one of the guys at work says. So there.

3:00PM: Shower and get dressed for my 3:45PM OB/GYN appointment. Arrive. Pay my $30 copay. Find out that my appointment was at 8:30 this morning. You know, when I was still laying in my cozy bed. Shit. Reschedule.

4:35PM: Get to Matt's and take the dogs for a 30 minute walk.

6:30PM: Pick Chad up and grab a bite to eat. Hash and rehash why he's feeling so unfulfilled in regard to his love life right now. Listen to him whine about wanting a girlfriend, but not liking any of the girls he's dating enough for girlfriend status. Try not to gloat about how my love life is, without a doubt, amazingly perfect.

8:00PM: Home. Catch up on some DVR'd shows. Ponder starting to work on my resume. Become distracted with creating a new blog. Watch more TV. Mess around on the internet. 

9:28PM: Chat with my love on the phone & catch up on the days events. 

10:06PM: Decide to finally work on my resume. Ugh. Double ugh.

Maybe tomorrow will be more productive?


4 comments:

  1. It's your first day of unemployment, enjoy it! Hell, enjoy the next week before you go back to the daily grind :)

    And, if it's any consolation, I have a job and most of my mornings start out like yours (as I sit here at 8:43am on the sofa reading blogs and staring at the clock knowing I have to leave in 10 minutes for work, bah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-Love the new blog name, and I would love to wake up to 38 degrees. It's 12 right now. And yesterday I went running at noon and it was 30, ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No work is good but now work is bad. Good Luck with your job search but don't forget to enjoy your time off ;-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP