Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Unemployment: Day Three

Warning: I'm in a mood right now. I don't know if it is everything finally catching up to me (as in, the reality of being unemployed) or what the deal is, but I kinda wish I could get away from myself at this moment. So thankful Matt is at work tonight.

My interview that was scheduled for tomorrow at 4PM was moved to today at 4PM. Needless to say, I had nothing to wear (because, afterall, who needs to keep interview attire when they've got a 'secure' job, right? Ohhhh how naive I can be).

Ran to Express and got this shirt (in white), this suit jacket with matching pants, these pants (but in gray with white pinstripes...SUPER cute!) and this belt. I ended up wearing the suit with the white long sleeved shirt underneath and black pumps. Cute.

Interview went well. Really well. I think she really liked me and I think I'll get offered the position. But it's not what I want. And I'm struggling with this right now, big time. Do I take a job that I'm not excited about and that isn't what I really want to do, just to have a paycheck? Or do I hold out and hope to find something that I'm excited about and love, but forgo a paycheck for...well...who knows when? I can't be without a paycheck for long, so part of me believes I should take what is offered to me, but continue to search for other jobs in the meantime.

I don't want to work. THAT is freaking me out. I've never not wanted to work. It's never been an option to not work. Not that it is now, either. But I have no desire to work in some whatever job that I don't feel rewarded and fulfilled doing. And those jobs? The jobs that I *would* feel rewarded & fulfilled doing? Those pay $20,000/year, if they're not volunteer status only. 

/rant.






3 comments:

  1. My thoughts? If you do get offered the job, I would consider taking it, even if it is just to tide you over until you find something that you are excited about. Especially in this economy, you gotta take what you can...unless you can live on $20,000/year (although in CA is that even possible??). I'm mad at myself, seeing how much money I made last year and I am still struggling to make ends meet.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the job. I am currently in a job that I pretty much detest, making contingency plans so that in two years (after paying off some debt) I can quit and do something I love. I would suggest making a plan for the job you love, and you can work on that while bringing in money from the boring "work."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Em and Rebecca. Work is work. In this economy, most employers are interviewing 100s for one position. Getting an offer is incredible in itself, although I know certain markets are better than others. Take it and keep looking. When you find something better, quit. Who knows, you might end up liking it. Be positive, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP