Monday, February 16, 2009

Engagement Details





.::.Floating in on Cloud Nine.::.

For those of you who were directed here so I only had to type out the story once...catch up by reading this post.

And on we go...

I arrive at The Catamaran Hotel & Spa and check in at 11am, as I was directed to do on my Itinerary for the day. As I check in, the receptionist hands me a card and says, "I believe this is for you." A card from Matt, upon my arrival to the spa :) I get the grand tour and change into a robe and slippers for the ultimate relaxation. I am told I have an appointment at 1pm and an appointment at 2pm, so until then, I can sit in the whirlpool outside that overlooks Mission Bay, I can sit in the sauna, the Eucalyptus infused steam room, lay out, or relax in the Relaxation Room where there are hot teas, cucumber-lemon-lime infused water, fresh fruit and nuts to snack on. I choose to partake in all of the activities offered to me, (even running into Kendra Wilkinson & her fiance, Eagles player Hank Baskett in the Relaxation Room throughout the day).

I am called back at 1pm for a manicure. I finish up with the manicure and back to the Relaxation Room with 15 minutes to spare until my next appointment...a massage. The most glorious, heavenly, amazing massage I've EVER had. I fell asleep 3 or 4 times during the 60 minutes I was in there--twitching and jerking myself awake each time. I may have even drooled (shhhh!).

After my fabulous massage, I retreated to the women's locker room, where I took a shower & got halfway ready. I drove home and began packing my overnight bag, as suggested by the Itinerary. It took me 45 minutes, but I finally decided on something 'casual' to wear for cocktails and something more dressy and sexy for our romantic dinner for two. Got my bag packed, finished getting ready and was actually about 10 minutes ahead of schedule.

Matthew arrived at my house at 4:45 as promised, looking absolutely amazing. We loaded up my car and off we drove. I still had no idea where we were going or what the plan was for the rest of the evening. We pull into valet at Tower23 (which is less than 1 mile from my place), where we are asked if were are there to dine or stay. "We're just grabbing a drink at the bar tonight," Matt says. We walk into the bar, where I order a glass of Pinot and Matt orders a Mojito, sipping and talking as we watch the sunset. "Will you be having another drink this evening?" the bartender asks. "No, I think this is all we have time for, but thank you," Matt replies.

He suggests we walk out to the boardwalk and finish watching the GORGEOUS sunset. So we do, and we snap a few photos, like we always do. The sweetest little family walked by and saw us struggling to get both of our faces and the sunset in the picture and offered to take the photo for us. There is still a good 10 minutes left of sunset and Matt suggests watching the sunset from someplace "better." He leads me back into the hotel, and we hop in the elevator. He tells me that the view from the rooftop lounge is probably insane. We got off on the top floor and are wandering around, 'lost,' and looking for the lounge. I've been there before, so I told Matt that I thought the lounge was on the 2nd floor, not the 3rd. Suddenly, we're standing in front of room 306, appropriately called the Sweet Suite. He pulls out a room key from his pocket and proceeds to open the door to the room.
OH.
MY.
GOSH.

The first thing I see is a tall vase of red roses, surrounded by tea lights. I walk in the room and realize that there are tea light candles lit in every little space possible, there are 2 gorgeous red rose flower arrangements, and framed black and white photos of us everywhere. I run around the suite (which, by the way, is larger than my apartment) and feel like a kid in a candy shop. The bed! The jacuzzi tub! The VIEW! It's the most gorgeous room I've *ever* seen!

Matt has me sit down on the bench at the foot of the bed to 'finish watching the sunset.' The next thing I remember is that he's getting down on one knee, saying something (what he said, I'm not sure of. Probably something about how wonderful & amazing I am and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me because I'm, like, totally perfect ;)) and then there is a box with a ring in it, right in my face. And I'm nodding my head and we're hugging and crying and laughing. And he says, "Soooo? Is that a yes?" I can hardly squeak it out, but I manage to say, "YES...YES!"

And he slips the ring on my finger (oh! the sparkles! the blingy-ness of it all! it's blinding me!)

For the next 15 minutes, we giggle and laugh and literally jump up and down. Every few seconds, we look at each other and erupt in laughter. This is it! We're engaged! TO BE MARRIED!

Somewhere in there, Matt popped a bottle of champagne and we drank and laughed some more. Lots of pictures were taken and we basked in the glow of being newly engaged. (Who am I kidding? We're STILL basking in the glow of being newly engaged). Dinner was at 7:30, downstairs at JRDN. Unfortunately, in my haste, I packed my super cute Valentines-y outfit but forgot my shoes...so I had to wear the outfit I had on. Ohhhh well.

We dined on the oceanfront deck, complete with firepit and heat lamps. The most tasty 5-course meal was served and, yes...we continued to giggle throughout the meal. After dinner, we went back upstairs to the suite where, mysteriously, the candles had all been relit and a bubble bath had been drawn in the fabulous jacuzzi tub.


We hopped into the tub, drank another bottle of champagne (okay, so we tried to drink another bottle of champagne, but at this point, we'd both had several cocktails and were having trouble downing alcohol. Which also made for a very interesting (and hilarious) tub time. We were slipping and sliding everywhere, dousing ourselves with the faucet that filled the tub from the ceiling (who knew? We thought it would be like a normal tub, with a faucet that filled the tub from the side or something), and, at one point, I managed to catch my hair on fire after leaning my head back against the tub, directly into a tealight ;) Did you know that the smell of burning hair isn't the most romantic?

We slept with the ocean front slider door open so we could hear the waves crashing all night, ordered room service for breakfast the next morning while we ate on the balcony in our robes, and lounged in bed still being giddy and silly, staring at the ring on my finger and repeating over and over, "We're engaged! You're going to be my HUSBAND/WIFE!"

So...that's the story. It was insanely romantic, completely over the top and more than I could ever have imagined.

I'll leave you with a few photos...

4 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I can't say it enough! So happy for you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful and exactly like something you love. Congrats again !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a nice post, and it's awesome to remember it on this blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! What an awesome proposal! This is my first time visiting your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP