Friday, February 6, 2009

Finally Friday!

  • Woke up at 3:44 this morning because it was absolutely POURING rain. When it 'rains' in San Diego, it's usually a spattering of droplets that just dust our cars in mist and it is called "Storm Watch 2009" or somethign ridiculous. Last night? Last night deserved the "Storm Watch 2009" title. It was awesome! Would have been awesomer if my love was home, snuggled in bed with me.
  • Tonight is dinner at The BossLady's house. I'm bringing Matt with me so he can meet my coworkers. And especially so he can meet the 34-year old guy who has a total crush on me, who still lives at home with his parents, and continually asks questions about Matt & me. "How old is he? What does he do? How long have you been together? Do you live together? Why not? Are you going to marry him? Why are you dating someone 9 years older than you?" blah blah blah. He's harmless. But I think him seeing Matt & I together will help ease the questions...and the crush ;)
  • I'm really, really excited for Saturday. Mostly because I get to sleep in and I feel like I am still trying to catch up on sleep from last weekend when The Bestie was in town. I plan on doing some laundry at Matt's, taking the dogs for a walk (if it's not pouring), then heading home to take care of some errands (grocery store, etc). And then? At 5, I'm heading over to my girlfriend Elaine's house, where we will enjoy a glass or two of wine, munch on some delicious appetizers, then head off to the movie theater, where we will see "He's Just Not That Into You" for a Girls Night Out. I think there are 7 or 8 of us going total, so it should be a super fun night :)
  • Sunday, Matthew and I are heading back up to Orange County to visit his grandma again. We went last Sunday, because she was admitted to the hospital last Saturday night. She is really sick and they won't release her from the hospital until her vitals are stabilized (which apparently does not seem to be happening). She is hilarious, though. In good spirits, regardless of being stuck in the hospital. Whenever Matt leaves the room, she asks a million questions, "Have you set a date yet?" to which I respond, "No, no date is set yet. That boy needs to propose to me before a date can be set!" "He hasn't proposed yet? Well, I thought he would have done that by now! What's he waiting for?!" So, in the meantime, she and I planned the entire wedding (hypothetical wedding, of course) and she's quite delighted with it. She said Matt doesn't need any input. Have I mentioned how much I like her? ;)
  • After visiting grandma, we'll go to church Sunday evening, since I haven't been in a good month and I'm sure it's been even longer for Matt. We were supposed to try out a new church last Sunday, but schedules didn't allow for it, so hopefully we'll be able to do that soon...I'm just growing tired of the church we currently attend. It's huge. And it's so easy to just be a lost soul in the crowd. I want interaction and small groups and I want the intimacy I'm used to in a church. And I want it to be a place where Matt & I both feel comfortable. And a place where we will want to bring our kids. Hypothetically speaking, of course :P
  • OH! I almost forgot! I signed up for an Informational Session for the University of Oklahoma Nursing Program on Wednesday, February 11th. It's an hour long and I am supposed to bring in my unofficial college transcripts so they can ensure that I have met the pre-requisites to apply to the program. I know there are at least 3 classes I'll need to take at the local community college(s) in order to meet those pre-req's. I called and talked to my brothers best friend, who is an RN, for about 30 minutes the other day. I asked her every question under the sun--what she loved, what she hated, what she wished she known & didn't know until she got her license, the hardest things about the job, the easiest things about the job, her schedule, the patients, her coworkers--everything. And I have NEVER been more pumped up and amped about something in my life. Reading about it, talking to other people about it, it just all feels RIGHT. And the fact that Matt is SO supportive and equally as excited as I am about it? I've never had My Person support me and be excited for me about school/career/life changes like that. And it is just amazing. He is the best thing, truly, that ever happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. One of my very old friends is a nurse in San Diego. I'm sure she'd be happy to meet with you and chat for a while about it. Actually, I think you two would really get along!! She's also a workout fanatic and taught aerobic classes in college. In fact, I think she still teaches some spinning classes.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP