Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Future

I had my informational session last night for the U of O Nursing Program. There were 7 other people there--1 guy--and it was amazing to see how very different all of us are. One girl looks to be in her mid 30's, white, and has been an archaeologist for the past 10 years. Ready for a change, ready for a fulfilling career. Another girl, mid 30's, white, majored in Theatre Arts and has been working as an MA in a Cosmetic Surgeon's office for the past 4 years. Wants to be able to perform laser hair removal, Botox, etc legally. Legally is the word she used that scared me. The guy is in his late 20's, Hispanic, degree in Microbiology with a minor in Chemistry. Remind me to NOT apply when he does...my chances go way down with a smarty pants like that also applying.

Regardless, we all came from very different backgrounds. I'm so incredibly amped about this program! After leaving the session last night, everything felt in its right place. I feel, even more, that this is the right path for me, the right program for me. I have some prerequisites to take, which I'm going to try and knock out over the Intersession (ie "Spring Break") and the Summer. Hopefully, I can be done with them all by June so that I can apply for classes beginning in August. If not, I will definitely be done with them by October, so that I can apply for classes beginning next January. Can't. Freaking. Wait. !!!!!

It's funny, how things can change so quickly, without warning. How you can envision a certain future one moment, and in the next, that future can be jeopardized and your vision of the future becomes blurry, tainted, unsure. There are few times in my life that I wish I had a crystal ball so that I could get a glimpse, no matter how quickly, of my future. Of what lies ahead. Am I wasting my time right now? Wasting energy and feelings and emotions? Is this all for nothing? Or will there be a true payoff in the end? Will I look back on this and feel as though it was necessary to grow and change and learn? Or will I look back and feel betrayed, violated and disrespected?

Not knowing what the future holds can be exciting. But it can also make a person ill.


1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could glimpse into the future sometimes...

    School sounds exciting, yay!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP