Saturday, April 11, 2009

Husband Card

The Easter Bunny was hard at work at my house tonight. She (yes, the Easter Bunny 'round here is female) put together a little basket for The Husband complete with a few of his favorite things--and the very first "To My Husband..." card.

I've never thought that I wouldn't get married at some point in my life. I certainly didn't expect it to be 18 months after I broke off a previous engagement, that's for damn sure. But I had kinda decided that even if I were to never get married, I would be okay with that. There are lots of things to look forward to about marriage, I had always thought. And one of those things was to buy "To My Husband..." cards. 

No, seriously. I just thought that'd be so cool. And tonight I got to do just that. Of course, it's the night before Easter, so most...okay, ALL of the cards were picked through. And all of the cheesy cards were left. But I found one, stuffed in between a "To My Wife..." and a "To Grandma  Grandpa..." stack. Woot!

A "To My Husband..." card made my night. I don't know what that says about my dork-factor, but I'm kinda not caring right now.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's cute and look forward to the day when I might be able to do the same thing.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought it was cool. The first "Husband" card I was able to buy for Ryan was a Christmas card. I was very sentimental about it too. :) Just one of the many "firsts" to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats super cool :)

    You guys are so cute! And I'm so happy that you're happy! Its such a fairy tale story, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable!

    Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This girl, totally jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP