Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Life of an Employee, Student & Wife

  • School is kicking my ass. My current schedule is a NIGHTMARE.
  • I am starting week 4 of my online classes (Nutrition, English & Government), which marks the halfway point. Only 4 weeks to go!
  • I am starting week 2 of my Chemistry class, which marks the...oh, yeah, only the 2nd week. 6 weeks to go. Dread.
  • So, my schedule: Monday and Wednesday mornings, I'm up at 5:45am to get ready & be at work by 7:30am. Leave work at 4:30pm and head to Chem lecture from 5:30pm til 6:50pm. Home by 7:20pm. Tuesday and Thursday mornings, I'm up again at 5:45am. Leave work at 4:30pm and head to Chem lecture from 5:30pm til 6:50pm and THEN Chem lab from 7:00pm til 10:05pm. Home by 10:30pm.
  • Which means that Monday, Wednesday & Friday nights are spent studying and doing homework. As are Saturday's and Sunday's. But. I'm also still planning a wedding. Trying to stay somewhat on top of my part of the housework. Keeping groceries in the fridge. And making my best attempt at being a wife.
  • Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I'm done. Finito. And I still have 6 weeks of class left. I know it will be over before I know it--the past 4 weeks have flown by. But it's the idea, I guess.
  • Going today to make some additional final plans for the wedding, so we're trekking up to Orange County in about 30 minutes when the husband wakes up from his nap. He had 3 or 4 wake up calls at the station last night, so he's tired.
  • But he was happy when he came home to the three of us (me & the dogs). And he was even smiley-er when he saw that the dogs got him a tumbler from Starbucks with pictures of them in it for Father's Day. Hey--Six and Caddie are our children!
  • Had my bridal shower 3 weekends ago and it was so nice. So nice to have my closest friends and my mom in town for it. I'm so blessed! And we got our toasting flutes and our cake server thingy, which I was pretty stoked on. And the food processor (woot woot!).
  • And I made my final payment on Matt's wedding gift. Ooooh I'm so excited to give it to him! He's going to LOVE it...and the best part is, I don't think he has a *clue* what it is. He told me the other day he had a pretty good idea, so I asked him what he thought it was. He guessed boudoir photos, which is an awesome idea...but first, since we're now paying for quite a bit of the wedding ourselves, I don't have the money for it, and second, since I haven't worked out in a few months, I'm not feeling like I want to have half-naked pictures of me taken. Maybe in a few months, when I'm back to where I want to be, but not right now.
  • And one last thought. When people ask me how married life is, there are no words to describe how wonderful it is. How amazing. Better than I could have ever imagined. It saddens me to ever think that at one point in my life, I was totally against ever getting married, because being married is the best thing that has ever happened to me. And while I used to be one of those people who would say, "Ohhh whatever, living together is practically being married anyway..." ha! I was sadly, sadly mistaken. Because it's not. Not even close. And if you think living together is great? ::sigh:: Marriage will ROCK your world :)

1 comment:

  1. I have hope for me someday!

    Good luck with classes - it'll be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP