Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Honeymoon Awaits

I stocked up on magazines and a new book today, just for The Honeymoon. I got the new issues of Glamour, Cosmo, US Weekly, Marie Claire, Self and Shape. Mind you, I used to subscribe to all of these magazines, except for Marie Claire. And I used to have time to read them all each month, cover to cover. Funny how things change when you turn into a responsible adult (not that I truly know what it's like to be a responsible adult, but I'm making a solid attempt at it these days).

We leave on Saturday morning, bright and early to spend one full week on the beautiful island of Kauai. Not before, however, spending 5 hours and 20 minutes on a plane to Honolulu, with a one and one half hour layover, then hopping back on the plane for another 40 minute ride from Honolulu to Kauai. Right about now, I'm wishing I had some Xanax for the flight--it's the only way this Type A girl can get some shut eye on a plane, whereas the hubster falls asleep in mere moments, in any position. I envy that man.

I'm looking forward to nothingness. To rest and relaxation. To reading and crosswording. To sunbathing and surfing. To sipping fruity cocktails with brightly colored, tiny umbrellas dangling over the rim of the glass. To snuggling and sleeping in. To lovin'-- in whatever way your head takes that to mean ;) To ziplining and hiking. But mostly, to the plans of 'nothing' that we have both been daydreaming about for weeks now.


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the magazines- I've been the same way.
    Good book choice, I've heard great reviews on that book and it's on my list. I look forward to hearing what you thought of it!

    I took a Xanax on our flight to Maui- I can't relax to sleep on planes either and I slept like a baby the whole 5hrs! I was actually afraid I was on my neighbors shoulder drooling, but he assured me I wasn't!

    If you like beer, make sure you guys try the local Hawaiian beers: Bikini Blonde Lager from Maui Brewing Co and Wailua Wheat from Kona Brewery (PassionFruit beer). Kona also has the Longboard Lager- but I've seen it here on the mainland.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time!!! Sounds like an amazing trip.

    P.S. Cocktails in the airport with a little benadryl might be the same as xanax ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Hope you are having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP