Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wedded Wednesday - A Proverbs 31 Woman

Wedded Wednesday is a collaborationof married bloggers sharing their inspirations,anecdotes,
struggles and thoughts regardingthe amazing union of two separate people, as one.
Check out the other Wedded Wednesday bloggers at Marital-Bless.
I desire, with all my heart, to be a Proverbs 31 Woman to and for Mr. Lukie. I fall short. Waaayyyy short. Many times a day. But I'm human...and imperfect. And, thankfully, my husband knows this and does not expect perfection out of me. He knows my heart and for that, I am eternally grateful. He is a man full of grace, that husband of mine.


A Proverbs 31 Woman is one who is rare & precious, trustworthy and kind. I've got the rare thing down--trust me on that one! As far as precious? Well...I'm not sure that I would place myself in the precious category. Especially after last nights stint of literally yelling into the phone (over 2 barking dogs who were vying for my attention because they wanted to go for a walk, mind you), "I don't WANT to take them on a freaking WALK!"in response to Mr. Lukie's question of, "Babe...are you going to take the dogs for a walk tonight?" I don't know that I would fit into the category of kind, either, now that I think about it...



A Proverbs 31 Woman is one who works joyfully (um...not me), goes the extra mile to get the choicest goods (check! I am quite the bargain hunter), disciplined (meh...depends on what area of life we're talking about here, but I could use some work), enterprising & prudent with money (check! I am quite the thrifty wife, and now that we're on our new budget, pshhh!, unstoppable!), energetic (check!), a good steward (check!), and diligent (check! My Type-A personality allows for this).



A Proverbs 31 Woman is one who is compassionate & generous (check!).



A Proverbs 31 Woman is provident (I'm not gonna lie...I had to thesaurus.com this word...and check!), elegant (check-ish! I know how to be, and when to be, but I know that I am for sure NOT always elegant), influential (I don't know--am I? Possibly...), industrious (check! I am quite resourceful and independent).



A Proverbs 31 Woman is poised (check!) and wise (does being a wiseass count? Because I've got that one down...)



A Proverbs 31 Woman manages her home, is praiseworthy, and is distinguished. (These are in reference to being a mother--of which I am not, yet).



A Proverbs 31 Woman is God-fearing (how embarrassing to admit, but...it was not until recently...within the last year or so, that I finally realized what it meant to be a God-fearing woman. And now? CHECK!), and honored (only time will tell, when I am called to the pearly gates, whether I was an honored woman, or not...but I'd like to think I'm working on it, and when I get there, the answer will be yes).



Are you a Proverbs 31 Woman? In what areas do you struggle with the most?



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I fall pretty short. But it's definitely want I want to be too. Not just for Aaron but for my Christ, who made me His bride before my Earthly husband did. But it's tough! I feel very blessed, though, to have a mother who is a daily example for me of what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspiring Sarah. Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..intersting. I`m some. Certainly not all. But dammit, Adam is effing lucky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I never looked at those verses so stripped down. I think I always thought in general terms, that I could give myself a bit of a pat on the back . . . um, no.

    Thank you for the 2nd look!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP