Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fire Wife's Kitchen - Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Brown Sugar Meatloaf (recipe credit here)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup of ketchup (I have NO idea how much I used...I just squirted it!)
1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef (I used ground turkey...and only 1 1/2 pounds)
3/4 cup of milk (I used soy milk...what?! It's all we had!)
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped (I used a sweet yellow onion, about 1/8 of a cup)
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
3/4 cup of crushed Saltine crackers (I used 1 cup)


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lightly grease a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
  3. Press the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan and spread ketchup over the sugar. (I just squirted ketchup over the brown sugar until it was lightly covered)
  4. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all other ingredients. (I used my hands and mushed & mashed it all together--oh! and I added about 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the mixture)
  5. Place meat into loaf pan & be sure to spread evenly to corners & sides. (I created a very small, very wide "valley" in the middle of my loaf and then covered with additional squirts of ketchup)
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Enjoy!

(**sidenote: prior to marrying Mr. Lukie, I was not a cooker or a baker. I don't claim to be a cooker but I've been hooking the boys at the fire station up with some delish baked goodies for the past few months. And I'm a damn good baking wifey, if I do say so myself! So...this will be a new addition to the blog-- Fire Wife's Kitchen recipes. If they're firefighter approved, then you know they're good!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! yum!! I'm making this this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP