Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Story - A Friend's Version

A refresher for those of you who have been there from the very beginning...and an introduction for those of you who have come in during the best part. As told by our dear friend, J (the one who is moving in!) when he acted as our officiant at the faux wedding:

To be completely honest, setting them up with each other wasn't the original plan. At the time, my roommate, was dating Mrs. Lukie's roommate, and one night, my roommate invited me to go out with him. "You should come along," he said. "My girl is going to bring her roommate and I can tell you she's a real smart girl, and quite the looker, too." My heart was set on a different girl though, so I was reluctant to go, but in the end I hesitantly agreed, with one condition: that I could bring Mr. Lukie along with me, in case things didn't go well.

Mr. Lukie, as always, was there to help a friend out, and he agreed to come along. He always kept a busy social schedule, so I'm not entirely sure why he agreed: but whatever the original motivation was, upon arriving at the restaurant, it took Mr. Lukie all of about 15 seconds to get acquainted with Mrs. Lukie, and push me aside.

When the night had ended and we were walking home, Mr. Lukie turned to me and asked, "What do you think?"

"I think she likes you," I said.

"I think so, too," he responded. "She put her hand on my knee." And I knew then that he really liked her too, because not only his face, but his entire head turned beet red.

A year and a half later, I'm more than happy to be here to share in their matrimony, having had a front row seat to the Lord's perfect plan throughout the entire journey.

3 comments:

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP