Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Things Are Different Now"

I have the flu. It started with a sore throat. Achey neck. Then the body aches. Stuffy nose. Tight, wheezy chest. Headaches. Sinus issues.

But last night? Last night came the gastrointestinal issues. We were getting ready for bed (washing faces, brushing teeth in the bathroom) when my stomach started making some interesting noises. Rushing him, I said, "Ummm...are you done in here?" He nodded & said he'd see me in bed.

I slammed the bathroom door behind him, turned the fan on and...experienced an upset stomach. I *knew* he could hear me in the bathroom (with the fan on!), even being in our bedroom, in bed.

I showered, brushed my teeth & tried to sneak into the bedroom. He saw me. And he started laughing.

Me: "I'm siiiiick! No laughing!"
Mr. L: ::giggles:: "Awww baby!!" (all the while, smiling & stifling big laughs)
**I turn out the lights so I don't have to have this conversation face-to-face**
Me: "It's not my fault..."
Mr. L: "I heard noises in there that I've never heard before. Not from you, anyway."
Me: "Do you still love me?"
Mr. L: "Of course I still love you! But...things are just...different now."


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! haha. I had a friend that was a mystery pooper for the longest time... even after years of living together. She would wait until he was asleep at 3am and go OR even walk to the McDonalds to avoid him knowing that ::gasp:: she has healthy bowel movements. It was hilarious!

    BTW, I got hit with a nasty flu bug too so I feel your pain. I don't think I'll be returning to the Starbucks on Alki for awhile! :-x

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..girl, feel better :)

    This post made me laugh though. You'll have to remember to buy a house with two bathrooms. We have two and it's a life saver! If Jim's downstairs, I go upstairs and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA HEHEHEHE HOHOHOHO LOL, you crack me up girl!! JUST POOP IN FRONT OF HIM ALREADY...or better yet, just let one rip!! :) HAHAHA HEHEEHHE!! Poor baby, I am sorry you feel yucky. I don't think there was one "sick" type symptom you did not list!! :( Feel better soon sweets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's hilarious though :) Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP