Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wedded Wednesday - Sweet Words

Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration

of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,

anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding

the amazing union of two separate people, as one.

While frantically trying to finish my 'homework' for Tuesday nights Bible Study (at 2:53pm on Tuesday afternoon, mind you...yes, I'm quite the procrastinator), I came across a powerful verse.

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

I LOVE the book of Proverbs. It is my absolute favorite. It is just this whole book on Life's Lessons, Words of Wisdom, Jewels of Knowledge. I first read the book of Proverbs on a "dare" from my pastor one January. "There are 31 chapters in Proverbs and 31 days in January--a coincidence? I think not!" he joked. So I read 1 chapter per day in the month of January. I digress...

How true is this scripture? That in order to contribute to my husband's health, speaking pleasant words can heal his soul and his body. What an amazing blessing that we as wives are given, to have the ability to pray great things for our husbands and to know that God is listening, waiting to bless our husbands and us with wondrous gifts! That we also have the ability to heal our husbands souls by speaking pleasant words to them, staying positive and uplifting, even when we feel like cursing and saying nasty things because of a past or present hurt.

I strive every single day to say only sweet, positive things to my husband. And while I strive for this daily, I fail more often than not. But the times that I am able to speak only pleasant things to my husband, I notice his spirit more uplifted, his head held higher, his smile brighter.

Say something sweet and pleasant to your husband today, unexpectedly, out of the blue. Watch how it inflates him :)

3 comments:

  1. i've always read that verse the other way, if negative things are that are flowing out of your mouth then they will have a negative impact on your coutenance but if you speak positively, even when surrounded by adversity, it will lift your spirit up. I enjoyed reading your perspective on it. It's basically words of affirmation from the five love languages by gary chapman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you Sarah. I've been focusing on this more the last few months and it works wonders. Do unto others I suppose. Love reading these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree! What an important role we have not just nurturing physically, but spiritually as well.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP