Friday, November 13, 2009

Felicitous Friday

**8 years ago today my Grandmother went to be with the Lord--no more pain, no more suffering! Today is a bittersweet day.

**Mr. Lukie is off today, which means that I really DO get a Friday night with him (seeing as how the phone rang at 5:30 last Friday night, just as we were settling in for snuggle time, calling him in for 16 hours of OT).

**Tomorrow is "Fire Wives Day." All of the Fire Wives are getting together for lunch, pedicures and cocktails (and not necessarily in that order) ;)

**Sunday, our house will be home to 3 instead of 2. Our dear friend, J, is moving in. It helps him financially...and we benefit financially, too!

**We purchased our tickets to Minnesota to visit my family for the holidays. YAY! We're going about 2 weeks after Thanksgiving, but 2 weeks before Christmas. Since, you know, Mr. Lukie is working both Thanksgiving & Christmas this year.

**I am hoping that very, very soon (as in...just a few weeks!) I will have some very exciting news to share with you all! Mr. Lukie and I have been in prayer about some very big things in our lives and we are seeing signs that one of our prayers may be answered very soon!

10 comments:

  1. just found you through blog-hopping and enjoyed reading your posts! newlywed life is wonderful, and I love hearing other people stories. :)

    And I laughed when I saw you referred to yourself as a "Fire wive". I have a husband and in law school and we're known as the law wives over here!

    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know what it is! Just totally my own random thinking....email me woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs about your grandma.

    Sounds like everything is going good and you've got a great weekend lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, fire wives day sounds like a great time. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kudos to you for realizing your grandma is in a better place and prayers to you that you have peace today. I hope your big news is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you feel at peace about your G-ma and she is in a better place with God. ;) I want to know your exciting news and I hope you have fun with your family for the holidays! Thanks so much for the follow, will follow you back! :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Hugs*

    It is a bittersweet day for me as well... my grandma passed 11.13.05.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I told you that I love to read your posts? ...So enjoyable!
    and I gues we are going to be in MN just about the same time... ;)
    thanks for your kind reply to my e-mail by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooooooo not fair to leave us hanging about the big "news"!!! ;) I hope it is good and we get to hear soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a TEASER!! Please tell us the good news soon....I have you totally pregnant and a lottery winner otherwise ;)
    I am glad that things are going so well for you. Being a newlywed really is a fun adventure! Have fun with the fire wives!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP