Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Day 10

I'm not feeling like blogging today, so I'll leave you with some bullet points:

  • Mr. Lukie's grandma passed away in February. She left the house (the same house that his father was raised in!) to the 3 grandkids in a Trust. We just put the house on the market a few weeks ago, got an offer after it had only been listed for 3 or 4 days & we're in Escrow now! Home Inspection went swimmingly and the Buyers want to close the day before Thanksgiving. God is so good!
  • We keep "finding" money and each time, we put it towards debt. Seriously, money just sort of shows up randomly without any forewarning. I hope I don't sound like I'm gloating about this, because the point I'm trying to make is...God is good!
  • My mom's husband got word that he was laid off on Sunday. His "final paycheck" was direct deposited into their checking account without any notification otherwise of the impending layoff. There were talks of layoffs occuring, but no one sat him down, called him, or sent him an email or a letter. They just let him know by depositing his paycheck into their account. My heart is breaking for them right now, as my mom is a stay-at-home-mom and my sister has an immunodeficiency disorder which requires extensive medical treatment. They will be without insurance very soon and cannot afford the $1,000/month COBRA insurance offered. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. We just had a long talk in class today about the american health care system....
    your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much praise here. God is so good.

    I am so sorry for your family. Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs* I already sent you an email, but sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to your family !

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP