Thursday, November 19, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Day 19


Over the past week, I have been graciously given 2 Blog Awards...my first ever!! How exciting :) I'm posting the first one now and I'll post the second one soon!



Big thanks for the Honest Scrap Award from my friend (in real life & blog world!), Rebecca. I suppose it's fitting that she gave me the Honest Scrap Award, seeing as how I think I may have hurt her feelings (even though she says I didn't) with a too-honest comment I left her the other day. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, Rebecca. I love you & want only the best for you, and I have a really tough time with sugar coating in those types of situations. Forgive me? (LOL...you have to, now that I've gone public with this!)

Rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
  • Share 10 honest things about yourself.
  • Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
10 Honest Things About Myself:
  1. I am obsessed with Gobstoppers. I think they're the yummiest candy ever and I have loved them since I was a kid...but they're getting harder & harder to find. So now, I buy the Jumbo Size box & it lasts me several weeks :)
  2. I don't floss every single day. I only floss every single day starting one month prior to my next dentist appointment. And they always say, "Great job on the brushing & flossing, Sarah!" HA! I'm a fraud.
  3. I am slightly envious of acquaintances of mine who either already have children or are pregnant right now. I just feel a little "behind" in the game of Life. And I know--that's silly. But it's just a little pang of envy, because I LOVE my life, just as it is right now.
  4. I am so thankful there are only 11 days left of NaBloPoMo. I'm ready to going back to posting every few days, and only when I have something I WANT to write about. (As if someone is holding a gun to my head, forcing me to continue participating in NaBloPoMo, right?)
  5. Blue is my favorite color & I really wonder how it's possible that blue isn't EVERYONE'S favorite color!
  6. If given the choice, I would have 2 boys. I think I'm one of those girls who would be best suited toward being a Mom of boys. I don't do the whole "girl" thing well. And for that, I know I will be "blessed" with, like, 2 sets of twin girls because God has a sense of humor ;)
  7. And on that note...I kinda sorta wouldn't mind having twins. (Yes, I am certifiably nuts).
  8. The day after I met Mr. Lukie, I called my mom to tell her I had met the man I was going to marry. I just *knew* (even though he didn't figure out I was the girl he was going to marry until, like, 1 year later).
  9. I love that the guys at the fire station get excited when I come to visit because they know that I ALWAYS, without fail, bring them homemade yummies. Hey, they deserve it!
  10. I only dress 'cute' and wear make up to work when I know I'm coming home to Mr. Lukie. Otherwise, it's hair in a ponytail, boring black pants with a nondescript shirt and mascara/blush. I wonder how obvious that is to others?

The 7 Blogs I'd like to present this award to are:
  1. Meredith at La Buena Vida, for being so honest & open...especially with her most recent pregnancy post :)
  2. Mrs. Life Accounts at The Life Accounts, who is so in love with her hubby it's adorable.
  3. Mrs. Leah Maria at Marital-Bless, who started the lovely Wedded Wednesday posts and is always so "real" with her posts. Oh. And she has one of the worlds cutest baby boys EVER.
  4. Bluebird at The Better Half of Life, who just moved to a completely different state than her hubby to take a job. Talk about a courageous woman!
  5. Julie, at Back to the Basics, who married her high school sweetheart and also has a superduper cute baby boy...and I love how transparent she is in all of her posts.
  6. Mrs. A at Adventures in the Life of Mr. & Mrs. A, who also is transparent in her posts...and posts things that I think or have thought, but am too much of a wuss to actually say :)
  7. YOU!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I totally agree that award is "Mos Def" you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said that I"d like twins too, and everyone always said I was nuts haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't hurt my feelings (and if you did, that's just a sign I need to develop some thicker skin ;) No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS-I rarely make an effort with my appearance (especially if I'm just going to work and back home) so when I do have makeup on and actual clothes (that aren't yoga pants) the acupuncturist always makes a point to say how nice my makeup looks...so does that mean I am hideous without it?

    Also, about the teeth and flossing? I was supposed to wear my retainer 24/7 for a year after I had my braces off but that lasted 6 months and every month when I went to the ortho for my checkup he always noted how great my teeth looked, and then 6 months later told me I could go to wearing them only at night (which I had been doing that entire time), ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks! :) I look forward to posting my award tomorrow!

    Also, I floss like the 2 weeks before my appointment and the week after, because I feel guilty. I have a bottom retainer and keeping that clean is a project in itself I feel like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't floss! The truth comes out. Shame on you! I'm a dental hygienist so i have to lecture you - you're young right now, so you can get away with only flossing the month before your appointment, but the day will come when the not flossing will start to affect the tissues that support your teeth - and you dental professionals will be able to tell, trust me. It's good to get into the habit of flossing now before the damage occurs. 'Kay, I'll step off the soapbox now.
    I just gave you an award on my blog too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks! For the record I don't think I'd be very good with girls either and I'm hoping I get boys too.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP