Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Day 25


Mr. Lukie taught a class at one of the local colleges to a group of Paramedic students yesterday. He got home late (7:30ish) and, being the good little wifey that I am striving to be, I decided to have a yummy din (Stuffed Bellpeppers--recipe to come soon!) and Banana Bread waiting for him.



Below is the conversation that took place in the kitchen, after dinner:


Him: "Mmmm! Dinner was delish, babe!"
Me: {all sorts of proud} "Awww, thanks...I'm glad you liked it."
Him: {walking into living room, taking a bite of banana bread} "You know, you've become a really great wife!"
Me: {stopped dead in my tracks, midway between the kitchen & living room} "Um?"
Him: {nothing.}
Me: "So what kind of wife have I been for the past 7 months if, YOUR WORDS!, I have become a really great wife?"
Him: {expression that says, "Insert foot-in-mouth."} ::grin::
Me: {expression that says, "Mr. Lukie...you got some 'splainin' to do!"}


So in case you were wondering, the first 7 months, 20 days of our marriage, I was just a wife. But at 7 months, 21 days? I became a great wife! If you're a newlywed & have been married for less than 7 months, 20 days...there is hope for you yet! ;)

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What I wouldn't give to hear those words...My hubby is not a words of affirmation type of person. He lets me know he loves me in other ways. But it sure would be nice to hear that I have become a great wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.”
    --Anais Nin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to admit anything but that I was great from the start. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like wine, you get better with time :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP