Thursday, November 26, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Day 26


Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning started off with a nice little 5K Turkey Trot put on by Father Joe's Village. It's a homeless shelter that I volunteer at serving food, etc and all proceeds go towards the Village. Plus, who doesn't love to get a quick 3.1 mile run outta the way just hours before they gorge themselves full of high calorie, artery clogging food?


I was supposed to make my Homemade Pumpkin Pie for the Thanksgiving festivities at the fire station today, but after driving all over San Diego County for a good 90 minutes after work on Monday in search of a Pie Pumpkin, I gave up.


Then, I was asked to make my famous homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches (recipe to follow soon!) For 40ish people. Ahem. Needless to say, at 6:30pm last night, I still hadn't moved off of the couch to begin baking 6 dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Alas, I hopped to it and baked only 3 dozen cookies and decided to pick up the vanilla ice cream on the way to the station. I decided it would be FUN! to "assemble" our own ice cream sandwiches. (Read: I was way too lazy to stay up, stuffing ice cream between 2 cookies all night long, when I had to be at my 5K race no later than 7:30am).


Anyway, I hope you all have/had/are having the BEST, most BLESSED Thanksgiving possible! 


XOXO,

1 comment:

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP