Thursday, November 5, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Day 5

Q & A Time with Mrs. Lukie

Responding to Miss Rebecca's questions (sorry, she's private, but I thought I'd link her anyway, for those of you who read her):

Q: How is work going?
A: It's...going. Currently, I work for an independent CPA. We are a small office...4 of us total. And all women. The 3 other women are in their 40's and then there's little ol' me. I'm the admin, pretty much. It's not that I hate my job, it's that...well...I'm bored here. At a certain point in an admin's life, they master the skills of answering multiple lines, sending faxes, responding to emails, scheduling meetings, typing reports, researching products, MapQuesting directions, calming down irate clients, filing, copying, organizing and the like. And after those skills have been mastered, the boredom sets in. So, like I said...it's going.

Q: School?
A: For those of you who don't know, I have my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. I am currently taking pre-requisites to apply to a any Nursing program that will take me. I'm looking into accelerated programs so that I can earn my second Bachelor's (really? Who in their right mind decides to go back to school & get a second Bachelor's? I'm certifiable!) in Nursing in anywhere from 14 to 18 months.

Right now, things are rough. I was on track & doing really well. Over the summer, I took 5 courses, totaling 14 units (all while I worked 40 hours/week, and was planning a faux-wedding...NEVER. AGAIN.) I walked away from those classes with 4 A's and 1 B (which I was certain to be a C when I walked out of my final). So, needless to say, it's been "easy" in the sense that I don't put forth a ton of effort and, somehow, miraculously, my grade reflects that I do.

Anyway. I enrolled in Anatomy in August. The first few weeks seemed to be going okay, but I was overwhelmed with the information given to me. And then I took my first lecture test. And then I took my first lab test. And then, I had a mini-meltdown and decided to drop the class.

So classes are on hold for this semester. I WILL be re-enrolling in Anatomy for the next semester (to start in January). In the meantime, we've talked about my options going forward with school. To work or not to work. To take it one class at a time or multiple. We're pretty sure we've got it all worked out, but we're still praying about it & thinking about it and seeing where it leads. More to come, I'm sure.

Q: Do you have a "plan" for the next 6 months of your life?
A: I guess I sort of just answered this in the last paragraph of the question above. No definitive "plan" just yet. School is definitely in the picture. Work is still in the picture...albeit I'm hoping the hospital contacts me about the ER Tech position(s) I applied for. I don't know that I'm ready to quit working altogether & go to school full time. That is what I'll have to do once Nursing School starts...but I don't want to stop contributing to the household financially until I have to, or until God gives us the sign that that is what He wants for us. So, we'll see ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this whole school thing. Before deciding to go back full force I had so many "if's" about my future.

    Praying that the answers come loud and clear to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school! I just graduate with a B.S. in Nursing and a B.A. in Community Health...I ended up going to school for six years, full-time because I didn't know what I wanted to do until half way through my third year, LOL. Let me know if you have any questions about nursing school! I have am a fountain of tips and advice!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP