Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wedded Wednesday - Giving Thanks



Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.


In the spirit of Thanksgiving Day and Wedded Wednesday, I decided I will devote today's Wedded Wednesday post to what I am thankful for in my marriage:
  1. God being at the center of our marriage.
  2. Having a husband who models himself day in and day out on being more like Christ.
  3. Feeling loved.
  4. Knowing I am loved.
  5. The hard, often painful lessons we have learned along the journey.
  6. Our "traditional" roles in our marriage. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  7. That I am married to my Best Friend.
  8. The perfect balance that seems to exist between our personalities.
  9. The chance for a "do-over."
  10. The non-stop laughter that fills our home. More often than not, tears stream down our faces accompanying the laughter.
  11. A husband who is a provider, in every sense of the word. Financially, emotionally, spiritually, physically. The man knows no bounds & continues to give, give, give.
  12. That I still get butterflies in my stomach when my husband so much as looks at me with this certain twinkle in his eye.
  13. And the butterflies when he touches me.
  14. The mutual adoration that I never could have dreamed possible.
  15. That we still hold hands. Walking down the street, while grocery shopping, even just sitting on the couch. But my favorite is that we hold hands as we drift off to sleep. And many times, wake up in the morning, still holding hands.
  16. Just enough time apart due to his work schedule to miss one another.
  17. And just enough time together due to his work schedule to still act like an embarrassingly, lustful, newly dating couple.
  18. That I get sweet little love notes left around the house for me to find. And mice, too.
  19. Unconditional love.
  20. Our health.
  21. The security, stability and joy that being married brings.
  22. That to us, it's not "just a piece of paper." Oh, it is so, SO, SO much more.
  23. Acceptance of one another. Wholly. Fully. Completely.
  24. The romance and passion.
  25. That this is forever. Forever. What an amazing feeling...thing to know.



4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful list, Sarah! Way to think on the positive side. Your hubby sounds like a great guy! Your book is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! That's sweet - I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP