Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 in Review - Part I


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I got married!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make New Year's Resolutions--I suppose I make resolutions throughout the year that change with me as my life changes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? So many births in 2009! The closest, of course, was my very dear friends son, Landon Glenn.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Matt's Grandma passed away in early spring, just after we got engaged
5. What places did you visit? San Francisco, many trips to Orange County, KauaiSan Felipe (Mexico) and Minnesota seem to be it. 
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? For both Mr. Lukie and I to have a relationship (no matter how superficial) with his mom. 
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 14th--the day we got engaged, April 4th--the day we eloped, August 1st--the day of our faux wedding, December 4th--the day we paid off our debt, and December 22nd--the day we decided I will quit my job & go back to school full time
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming debt free!
9. What was your biggest failure? Finding joy in every situation. All I've done for the past few months in complain about my job & how I don't feel challenged, or how I don't feel as though I am providing a service to someone, when really, I should have just been joyful to even have a job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I oinked along with the rest of the world when I got sick with the Swine Flu, but was quite blessed in this area this year, as I was healthy otherwise.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My beautiful Canon DSLR. I'm still learning how to use it--she's quite complicated!--but I love her!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Well, this is a no brainer--Mr. Lukie, of course. Truly a one-of-a-kind, simply amazing man who I adore with all of my heart. 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sadly, my mother-in-law, who we haven't spoken to since August 1st--the day of our faux-wedding.
14. Where did most of your money go? Paying off debt. And now, we're debt free!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting engaged, eloping, our honeymoon, paying off our debt, and going back to school.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "I Know You Want Me" by Pitbull. Funny, I know--there IS a story that goes along with this ;)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I've never been happier than I am, right now.
b) thinner or fatter? 'Bout the same... 
c) richer or poorer? Richer!! How exciting to say :)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Praying. Devotionals. Exercising. Reading.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining. Gossiping. Allowing my kindness to be taken advantage of.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? At the fire station, of course! It's not a true holiday unless it's spent at the fire station ;)
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? More than I ever knew possible every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Rescue Me. Hoarders. Intervention. The City. The Hills. (don't judge...)
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Met friends for brunch, went to the horse races at Del Mar, went out later that night. It was a perfect day.
24. What was the best book you read? How embarrassing that I only have 9 to choose from...but the best was "Love & Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.
25. What did you want and get? To pay off debt. To go back to school. To get married. 
26. What did you want and not get? To buy a house. Reconciliation with my mother-in-law. 
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Eek. I don't know--we don't go to the movies but maybe once or twice a year. 
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I reconnected with an acquaintance and have met some wonderful ladies through my Bible Study, where I hope to make some new, lasting friendships.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having family nearby. It's really difficult to be 'orphans' as newlyweds. I imagine it will be especially difficult once there are children in the picture.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I like to look cute...but I like to be comfy, too. 
31. What kept you sane? Prayer. My husband. My family. And sometimes, I just went insane ;)
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I really don't pay attention to that stuff. (This, coming from the girl who used to subscribe to US Weekly and People Magazine, plus scour Perez Hilton's website!)
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Oooh. I know there are a lot of things near & dear to my heart, but right this very moment, this whole terrorist thing is really affecting me. Especially since one of my favorite bloggy friends was on the flight into Detroit on Christmas Day when that terrorist tried to detonate a bomb.
34. Who did you miss? My family. My grandmother--she would have LOVED my husband, to pieces. My best friend, Casey.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. To let go and let God. Relinquish control. He WILL provide; He WILL take care of you.

7 comments:

  1. I love this so much I stole it for my own blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I feel you on the mil thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally addicted to Intervention and Hoarders too!

    Sounds like 2009 was a great year for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list! I'm sorry about you and your mother-in-law. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steal away, Julie :) I stole it from bloggy friend Hannah Beth myself!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP