Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fire Wife's Kitchen - Mrs. Lukie's Oreo Crack Bars



(Hey, it's what the guys at the fire station christened them {and they call me Mrs. Lukie}, thus they shall be called!)


Ingredients:
1 16-oz. package of Oreo cookies (But I buy a big bag, so I can snack on a few while I bake)
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk (I use Fat Free)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I use another 1/2 cup semi-sweet chips)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I use regular sized white chocolate chips)



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. 
2. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and grease lightly.
3. Set aside 6 Oreo cookies for the toppings.
4. In a small food processor, grind the rest of the cookies. (No food processor? Just place cookies into a large freezer bag and pound with a rolling pin until the cookies are in fine crumbs)


5. Add salt to cookie crumbs and stir.
6. Melt butter and add to cookie crumbs, stirring gently.
7. Press cookie crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the foil-lined pan.

8. Crunch up the remaining cookies into chunks and set aside.
9. In the microwave, melt 3/4 cup semi-sweet and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips together. 
10. Stir in condensed milk & vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
11. Pour over the cookie crumb crust and spread evenly.
11. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and the Oreo cookie chunks over the top of the filling, pressing cookie chunks gently into the filling. (And because I'm feeling festive, it being close to Christmas and all...I added crushed up candy cane & white chocolate chips to the top)


12. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
13. Allow to cool on counter for 1 hour, chill in fridge until completely cold and set before cutting into bars. Bars will be gooey & sticky :)



Enjoy!!


5 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good! I love Oreo anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Those look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I understand why they would be called crack bars. :D I'm definitely stealing this recipe, ohmygoodness.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy those look so good! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP