Monday, December 21, 2009

Psychics & Blessings

My boss went and saw one today. A psychic, that is. She called me on her way back to the office to tell me all about it. Her psychic made the following statements that can only be applicable to me:

  • One of your employees--the youngest of the group--recently went through a major life change. She either recently got married or recently had a baby. 
  • But...I believe she is married. I see a man in a uniform, who is gone frequently, for short periods of time. Is she married to a man who is on deployment in the military?
  • She is coming to a crossroads in her life & is making a big decision--another major life change. You need to talk to her to find out where this is going & how it affects you.
  • I see this life change as either her having a baby or something major like that.
I am the youngest person at our office. I did just get married. I married a man who wears a uniform and who is gone frequently, for short periods of time (hello 24-hour shifts at the fire station that sometimes turn into 48- and 72-hour shifts). I am at a crossroads in my life and Mr. Lukie and I are making a big decision--another major life change.

For the record, I DO believe in psychics. But I believe that sixth senses, psychic powers, ESP, supernatural abilities, etc are not of God, but rather are under the power of demonic forces. But that is another post, for another time.

Anyway. The crossroads I'm at? The major, life changing decision we're making?

Friday, January 15, 2010 will be my last day as a working woman. At least for a few years. I am going back to school full-time to finish my nursing pre-requisites. I will be taking 15-18 units in the Spring semester (to begin January 20th) and will be able to finish them all & then apply to 3 nursing programs in pursuit of my 2nd Bachelor's degree in Nursing.

This is a huge leap of faith. At least for me, it is. Mr. Lukie has no doubts about the future. But there are still a lot of variables at play that may not make my nursing dreams a reality. But for now, I've got all I need--a husband who is 100% supportive of me accomplishing my dreams by allowing me to quit my job (thus, decreasing my financial contribution to the household, for the time being), and allowing me to take this time to be selfish, even if it means he has to sacrifice his wants for a few years.

I have been so, so blessed.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah! I had a feeling that was coming. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are making your dreams come true and that you have Mr. L's never-ending support :) Lucky girl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Supportive husbands are the best :) Good Luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you :) As someone who has worked since she was 12, I know how difficult it can be sometimes to give complete financial control to your husband and go back to school. But sooo many people just remind me to enjoy it and let Jim take care of us. Heck, he loves his job [as you know] and both you and I are bettering ourselves so we can contribute financially in the future, right?

    Enjoy going back to school! It's waaaay better than working, at least in my opinion!

    [oh, and p.s. I believe in psychics too, in the same way you do. Wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole!!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is really exciting! Best of luck with school :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take a lot of psychics with a grain of salt, but after what the last one told me and "talking" with my grandfather that had just passed, well, I do believe there are some legit ones out there.

    And you're not being selfish, you are working to create a better future for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big, but exciting decision! January 15th is so close! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures as a nursing student!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That one gave me goosebumps!! That is just weird....kinda hard to argue with that! On the happier note...congrats my friend! I am so proud of you. You will make an excellent caregiver, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so incredibly happy for you! You are going to be an amazing nurse! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool you're going into nursing! I'm starting classes in the spring as well, but starting from the beginning. ;)
    I hope it all goes well with you guys--and what a blessing for your husband to be so understanding. I'm happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, psychic powers are real, but they are not of God. I am excited for you that you get to pursue something you want to do. There is nothing better than having a supportive husband, they challenge and inspire us in the best ways! Good luck, and Lord bless you on your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting!! Best of luck to you I know you'll be awesome at whatever you choose. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting!

    I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP