Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wedded Wednesday - Encouragement



Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.

I'm flailing around under crashing waves, these days. Okay, so that may be a bit dramatic, but it's how I'm feeling. It's like, one minute I'm beginning to walk out of this proverbial ocean, head above water, body slowly emerging. And then BAM! Another wave comes from behind me and drags me back under, leaving me flailing around again.

Of course, my saving grace through all of this wave crashing & underwater flailing going on is my husband. My saving grace should be my God. And for whatever reason, I'm really struggling with putting my trust in Him. However, while I'm struggling to find that peace and comfort in knowing that He will provide (as He always does--truthfully, I cannot think of a single time when God has failed me), He has given Mr. Lukie this amazing gift to encourage and uplift me during these times.

My husband has this unwavering faith that I will accomplish all that I have set out to accomplish, seeing that it is all within God's plan for my life. While I sit here and continue to be Negative Nancy, Mr. Lukie continually amazes me with his conviction of my abilities.

As I voiced my concerns to him today, regarding plans for my future endeavors, he sat back and he listened. And he validated my feelings. And he reminded me that God's will shall be done, regardless of my desires. And then, he sent me the sweetest message:
just wanted to take a second to tell you how much faith i have in you. i know you will rock the classes you have to take and i know that nothing will stand in the way of you achieving your goals. i love you!
That message reminded me. Reminded me that it is not my husbands words getting through to me & filling me with peace and confidence. It is GOD, working through my husband, and it is HE who is filling me with peace and confidence about the future. He's just using my husband as the vessel, because I have been shutting Him out. What a merciful Savior we have :)

How has God used your husband as a vessel to get a message across to you? Did you realize it at the time, or was it after the fact that you realized He was speaking through your husband?

4 comments:

  1. Good post. I never really thought of God acting that way before- through our husbands to give us what we need.

    I feel like God wanted me to move out to West Virginia, but when I was actually offered the job I doubted everything...I wasn't sure if I should go, but Jared encouraged me. He was excited for me, and helped me remember that there is a reason, and purpose for me being out here. Which is funny, because now he can't stop talking about how much he wishes we were together...I remember being so shocked at the love and support he showed me because for some reason I felt like he would waver with me, but looking back on everything, I totally see God in that moment because that is the only time Jared had really pushed me to do something out of my comfort zone- which is exactly what I have needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe you me Sarah, if I can get an A average on FIVE classes while being depressed and dealing with a crappy life, while working - you most definitely can do it too!

    It wasn't until I learned how to pray for assistance with my studies that I actually received it! Trust me - I didn't deserve that high of a grade in biology, but somehow, my brain always chose the right answer... coincidence? I think not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. God definitely uses Brandon as a vessel to calm me down, and to see what is REALLY important in life. Sometimes, those wake up calls are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you Sarah. I have been shown this over and over and over again these last few weeks. And I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I'm going to buy a bible, and actually read it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP