Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fire Wife's Kitchen - Salmon with Honey-Mustard Glaze & Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Butter



SALMON


Ingredients:
2 8oz skinless salmon filets
3 tbsp stone-ground mustard
2 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream (I used 1 tbsp milk)
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
8 crackers, such as Ritz, crumbled (I used 4 Saltine crackers)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place salmon on prepared sheet.
4. Combine mustard, creme fraiche, honey & dill weed in a small bowl.
5. Spread the mixture on top of the filets.
6. Sprinkle with crumbled crackers just before placing in the oven.
7. Bake until the salmon is barely cooked through, approximately 12-15 minutes.
8. Serve immediately for best flavor.

ARTICHOKES

Ingredients:
2 large artichokes
1/2 lemon (I used lemon juice from a container)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Directions:
1. Fill a large pot with enough water to come 1/2 inch below bottom of steamer rack & set rack in place.
2. Cover pot & bring the water to a boil.
3. Using a serrated knife, cut off the top 1/3 of each artichoke & rub cut surfaces with lemon half. (I drizzled lemon juice from the container over the top of each artichoke)
4. Trim the stem, removing as little as possible & pull off tough outer leaves at the base of the artichoke.
5. Arrange the artichokes on the rack, cover the pot & steam the artichokes for 30-40 minutes. Add more water to the pot as necessary.
6. While artichokes are steaming, melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add garlic, thyme, kosher salt & pepper to taste.
8. Cook for 1 minute.
9. Add lemon juice & remove from heat.
10. Season with more kosher salt & pepper, if necessary.
11. Transfer seasoned butter to small bowl for dipping. (I added the butter to a few tablespoons of Vegenaise and stirred it thoroughly for a more creamy sauce)

Enjoy!


*unfortunately, I was not able to get photos because Mr. Lukie was starving ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this made my mouth water at 10 p.m. Sadly my hubby doesn't eat fish (wah!) so I don't make it often. Oh, but I love it! And I will have to try it with your recipe for lunch one afternoon. Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am definitely going to have to try this! I don't like anything out of the water, but my hubby sure does! I'll make a big salad for me and I'll give this a whirl for him!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP