Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Quickie

  • Yesterday (Monday) was my last day of work. Yippee!! (And nope, I didn't get MLK Day off like so many of you did!)
  • I am trying to crash 2 classes--Anatomy & Organic Chemistry. So I got up bright & early at 5:45 this morning in order to leave the house by 6:30am to make the 20 minute drive to San Diego State to find parking & get to class early enough to speak with the professor. Um. Well. Classes don't start until tomorrow. No wonder it was so quiet on campus ;)  Hey, I'm a little eager, okay?! 
  • Mr. Lukie is on a 4-day (this means he is off for the next 4 days), but he is taking a class necessary for promotion to Captain during the next promotion exams (2-3 years). He's in class all day, so I'm going to swap cars with him at lunch...and go pick up all of our weights, medicine balls, etc to go in our CrossFit Garage Gym!! Mr. Lukie made beautiful plyo boxes a few weekends ago and on Sunday, we picked up a brand new olympic weight bar that I found for super duper cheap on Craigslist. We already have kettlebells, jump ropes and exercise bands. The hubby is building a pull up/dip/muscle up station in the backyard. After that is complete, we will have everything we need to do ALL of our CrossFit workouts at home. So excited :)
  • Thank you to all of you for your wonderful suggestions on a planner when I asked. While I love my iPhone and utilizing Google Calendars with it...I just am not an electronic-planner type of gal. I need something physical--I need to write & highlight, block time off & flip through pages. I fell in love with all of the Franklin Covey stuff recommended...but when it came down to it, I just couldn't spend the $50 to do it. So off to Target I went. And what do you know? I found EXACTLY what I was looking for, for $7.99. Some generic planner, but it has every single thing I needed--a monthly view, a weekly view, a few pages for notes after each month and a "To Do" list. 
  • Oh, and I'm baking homemade Chicken Pot Pies tonight (a first for me!) so if they get the okay from the Firefighter (Mr. Lukie), I'll have a Fire Wife's Kitchen post, complete with recipe & photos sometime this week.



10 comments:

  1. Yum! I would love the recipe for the potpies... keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the hands-on planner. My husband loves the iPhone / MobileMe calendar & planner, but I miss having one that I carry around with me and jot notes on. Glad you found an affordable one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I made chicken pot pie for supper last night, and it was delish! Glad you found a planner, and at a bargain, too!

    I love the FFA program, one of the girls I used to work with was heavily involved in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love reading your blog!! Is the cross fit only doing classes in Cali? I wisht hey did them on the East Coast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you're dedicated. I know how hard cross-fits can be, my husband is a strength coach and a trainer. I'm loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby- CrossFit has gyms all over the country. I know they have quite a few on the East Coast. Hubby & I just follow the main site (www.crossfit.com) and do the WOD (work out of the day) on there. There are links to videos & explanations as to how to do the exercises, as well as another website (CrossFit Brand X) that scales the WOD's to beginning/interdmediate/advanced levels and for women, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for the pot-pie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new home gym sounds terrific. I looked at that video on your other post. I give you major credit for being brave enough to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great gym and I seriously need a planner. I was on the hunt for one on Amazon tonight, if I had an Iphone I think I would be all set. Enjoy yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP