Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wedded Wednesday - The Love Dare


Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.


Guess what today is?! C'mon...it's a REALLY big, REALLY important day!


...I'm waiting...


Really? You don't know?


Okay, fine, I'll tell you. It's 40 days until Valentine's Day!

If you didn't know that, I don't blame you. I was never a fan of Valentine's Day until my super romantical (then) boyfriend (now hubby, duh) proposed to me with most elaborate, planned out, detailed proposal EVER. Straight outta a movie n stuff.


Anyway. The reason I'm so excited that it's 40 days until Valentine's Day is because that is exactly how many days there are in the Love Dare. The Love Dare leads you through
daily devotionals, each day ending with an act of love for your spouse. I encourage each of you to attempt this--Believer or non Believer!--because truly what it all
comes down to is stripping away the mask we put on for our ego's sake and
allows us to be raw, real, vulnerable and unconditionally loving with our
spouse, even when we don't FEEL like playing that role.

I am going to participate in this little Love Dare challenge that leads us up to Valentine's Day. If you want to participate, too, you can do so really easily...without even buying the book! K-Love will be posting the Dare each day on their blog (which can be found by clicking here).


Let me know if you're participating, too!I think we can all benefit from a little daily reminder to love our spouse unconditionally, even when we don't feel like acting in a loving way toward them. Marriage is tough, but why not sweeten it by giving the Love Dare a chance? You never know, you could surprise yourself :)




13 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do the Love Dare. I have both books the love dare and the daily devotional that just came out. I'll take the love dare challenge with u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute that he proposed on V Day! We were married 2 days after V Day so I love this time of year!
    Garth and I loved the Love Dare and we are finishing up Sacred Marriage now, which rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog...

    Hubby & I love "Fireproof" and I think it's so cool that people are into the Love Dare thing. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year was the first time my hubby really celebrated V-Day with me - he said it was because it was our first V-Day as a married couple. Hopefully I'll have another good V-Day this year.

    Have fun with the Love Dare. I've been wanting to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the Love Dare right now too!! Started it about two weeks ago! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...and oh dear have I had the mirror held up in front of my face!! I have posted a few times about it too! :) You will love it Sar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep asking hubby to do the Love Dare. I hear it's wonderful. I'm just going to have to make him do it. He says we should save it for a difficult time - lol. I think he's just stalling.... Yay for Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's awesome that someone thought this out! Good luck to all of the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting about this! I love the blog design, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Lukie :)

    I had fun catching up on your blog.

    Glad things are better with you and your firefighter. (I don't know how I did not know his first name until today :)

    It's great to make some headway with you MIL.

    Congrats on your new path in life and good luck with school.

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a lot of friends who have done this and love it! I'm lovin' your new look, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting the link to The Love Dare blog. I have been very curious about that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 人因夢想而偉大,要堅持自己的理想哦!........................................

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have one more day to go! It has been challenging, but so worth it. I think I'm a better person for having gone through it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP