Friday, February 5, 2010

Q&A, Part I






I have lumped the questions into "sections" that sorta go together (marriage/relationship, career, miscellaneous, etc) so that it makes for easier reading. And of course, if you still have a question (or 2, or 3!) feel free to post it in the comments or email me at mrslukie@gmail.com!


MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP
How old...er, young, exactly, are you? And how long have you been married? 
**LOL! I am 27 years young, thankyouverymuch! It still freaks me out to say that, though, because I don't feel much older than 22. While it may only be a 5-year difference, there is just no way that I'm now closer to 30 than I am to 20. And Mr. Lukie and I have been married for 10 months (as of yesterday!) 


How did you meet your hubby and how long did you date before you got married?
**We met through friends. You can read the whole, long, drawn-out story HERE. But through friends, at a bar (!!!) is the short version. If you read the blog I linked to in the previous sentence, you'll see that there was a "Part 1" and a "Part 2" to our relationship. Again, long story short--we met in October 2007, dated for a few months & then he disappeared. We rekindled things in April 2008 but it was VERY casual. Things got serious in September 2008, we got engaged on Valentine's Day 2009, and eloped to the courthouse in April 2009. So, I guess we dated for 1 full year before we got married.

What's been both the easiest and hardest parts of being married thus far? 
**Oooh...good question. I'd say the easiest part of being married is living with my best friend. Trite, I know, but it's the truth. He is the one person I could spend allllll of my time with and not get sick of, so I suppose that's a good thing ;) But really? Other than that? I personally don't think marriage is all that easy. That's just me, though...

The hardest part(s)? Where to begin...? Well, I've discovered, through being married, that I am a very selfish person. I hadn't realized that, before now. But when you're married, you have another person to think about--what they want to do, what they want to eat, where they want to go to church, how they want to raise children, what "clean" means to them...you get the picture. Marriage has caused me to look at myself in the mirror & the person I see looking back at me is not always a person I love, let alone even like. 



If you could spend a free day just the 2 of you what would you spend it doing? 
**We are SO low-key and SO boring! We'd sleep in (probably only until 7:30...that's the latest the fur-kids will allow us to sleep in). Lounge around the house in our jammies for a bit. I would make us a gourmet breakfast (homemade pancakes or waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit) and Mr. Lukie would drink his coffee (blech!) and I would drink my hot tea. Then we'd take the dogs for a walk, go to the gym (or go hiking, or mountain biking), grab lunch out at a little cafe, shower & take a nice little nap. After the nap, we would either go to a bookstore and peek through bunches of books and magazines or we would go to the beach with some snacks and a bottle of wine and stay just long enough to watch the sunset. Then, cook dinner at home, together.

See? I toldja we are low-key and boring!


Any furless kiddos in the near future? 
**Absolutely!! But more 'future' than 'near future' (haha). We both really, really want kiddos. I am 27 and Mr. Lukie will be 37 in a few short months. Our goal is for me to get through Nursing School, secure a job, and then start trying for babies. We'd like to at least be trying to conceive by the time I'm 30. Of course, we shall see what the Big Man actually has in store for us, since we both realize by this point that what WE plan out doesn't always exactly happen on our time, if at all ;)


How many kids to you want to have, and when do you want to start having them?
**As I said above, we'd like to wait until I'm done with Nursing School and have landed a job somewhere. Of course, we have a back up plan, too, in case I don't get into any of the nursing programs I am applying to (all to begin in January 2011). If that happens, then we will probably start trying to conceive in Spring/Summer 2011. That doesn't put my dreams of becoming a Nurse on hold, though...I will continue to apply to the programs until I get accepted.

I used to say I wanted 3 kids. Then it went down to 2. Now, I'm at "let's just start with 1 and see how we feel after that," whereas Mr. Lukie is pretty set on hoping for 2. Secretly? Secretly, if I were able to pick, I'd want to have twins. 2 children, 1 pregnancy? I'm so down with that! And I know, I know, it would be exhausting and expensive, but that is what a good support system and being financially independent is for, right? :) Mr. Lukie is totally on-board for this twins hope of mine--isn't that awesome?!

.::. Part II, to be continued on Sunday .::.

6 comments:

  1. I have an additional question I have been meaning to ask...
    if I remember correctly, when the two of you first started dating he questioned the age difference a bit and later you faced questions from others, including your MIL, about the 9yr gap.
    Do you feel that has been a challenge? Did he have any qualms about you being younger that he had to get over? Have you ever felt like you have had to prove yourself? And I don't mean that in a negative way at all.
    Sorry, that's more than one! As you know, I've typically dated men my senior and now that I am newly single again, I am noticing that when some men hear my age, they make comments about me being "so young" and that at my tender age of 26 how much more growth I have (blah, blah.) Even from those only 5-6yrs older.
    I, much like you, have always been more mature than my age. I've experienced more than most my age and I started earlier, therefore have burned out sooner. It's not that I seek much older men or try to be older than I am, it is simply just who I attract/am attracted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your free day sounds just like the free days I spend with the hubby. We are constantly trying to sleep in on our weekends together but the dogs won't let us and we normally spend either a good part of saturday or sunday at barnes and nobles. And the beach! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how honest all your answers are. I never would have guessed that you were 27, and your husband is almost 37! You both look younger than that, and I mean that in a good way!

    Your plan for kids sounds a lot like mine. I didn't want to have kids until I was out of nursing school, and had a job...and I too wouldn't mind having a set of twins and being done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great honest answers! My hubby is ten years older than me -- it's great to see other couples where the age gap has worked out for them too.

    Twins...I've always dreamed of having twin girls. In fact, we already have names picked out...how silly is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little something for you over on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can borrow my twins for a day and then see if you still want them! LOL It's fun but SO exhausting and you hardly have a minute to yourself!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP