Friday, March 12, 2010

I've Been MIA

In lieu of one long, multi-paragraphical (a word I just made up), rambling post, I bring you bullet points. To catch you up on the haps in my life, since I have been quite absent from this little realm:

  • Gluten-Free Me lasted all of about 3 days last time. But this time, I mean business. Because I'm still feeling funky and there is no explanation for it. I'm just bummed because I've attempted the gluten free baking thing...and it just tastes terrible, folks. Blech.
  • Last night marked the first night of something I'm VERY excited about...Pastoral Crisis Intervention Training. Then, there is a "Grief in Trauma" training I will complete in May. After that, I will become part of a rapid response team in the community during crisis situations. Right up my alley!
  • I sent off my application to become a Volunteer at one of the local hospitals. You have to commit to at least 6 months (100 hours), which is 2-4 hours per week. Fingers crossed I receive a call to come in & meet with them for a pre-screening interview soon!
  • I received a phone call today from a local Hospice office. I sent a request to be contacted regarding volunteering (again, 2-4 hours per week) and we are going to chat on Monday about what the Volunteer position requires. He said that they are in desperate need of volunteers for Hospice (as I assumed). I imagine Hospice work is H A R D. But I truly believe Hospice nurses are Angels--at least the several I have {fortunately and unfortunately} come into contact with over the years.
  • Spring Break begins in exactly 2 weeks...March 26th. Cannot wait!!
  • Our 1 year Wedding Anniversary is in 17 days. How has the past year gone by SO quickly?!
Have a great weekend, friends :)



6 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try going gluten free. As someone who works with kiddo's with autism I see alot of my kiddo's on a gluten free diet. I hear it has alot of health benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing good and you have lots of opportunities that God is laying before you. I will keep praying for direction.

    Head over to my blog if you want a good laugh today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Sometimes bullet point is just the way to go. The Pastoral Crisis Intervention sounds really interesting! Is it with one church or cross-denominational? What kind of crisis situations are they preparing for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some great GF baking tricks to send you. The pre-packaged mixes can taste like cardboard, but you can dr them with a few adjustments. I made GF pancakes for the first time and they aren't bad. Just like with going Vegan and expecting that it's going to taste just like cheese or rice milk will taste the same as milk... likewise, you have to kick the idea that its going to taste just the same as flour cookies, cake bread, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been a busy gal! Hope your volunteer work comes through, that will be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog today and noticed your are trying to go GF. I have been Gluten free since Dec 2008. It was super super hard at the beginning and it took about 2 weeks before I felt better enough to notice a difference. But I will never go back, I feel so much better that I don't care if I ever eat Gluten again. If you need any tips, let me know I'd be happy to help! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP