Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wedded Wednesday - Googly Eyes



Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.

"I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all." -Lord Byron

I'm one of "those" girls. You know the type--she swoons over sweet text messages, notes and cards left for her by her husband. She gets excited to see him walk through the door when he arrives home from work. She gets caught staring at him with a grin on her face because she was either thinking, "Wow. How'd I manage to snag him?" or "Dang, I married one handsome dude!" 

We're one of "those" couples. You know the type--we've been caught giving each other googly eyes across the room. We accidentally bump someone else's leg trying to play footsie under the table. We schedule plans with friends when we know the other person is busy with work or school or another commitment, just so we can spend as much time together as possible.

We're also one of those couples who have been warned. Warned about what it's "really" like to be married. "Just wait another few years, you'll be begging for him to work an overtime shift!" and "Sure, you're all cutesy now, just wait until babies come along. All you'll care about is sleep and the kid," or "Honeymooners--remember that phase? How quickly it goes by, and how you swear you'll never move past it. HA! Then real life happens! You'll see..."

Call us naive. Call us silly, call us dreamers, call us eternal optimists. Call us simple-minded, or call us ignorant. But we will keep our eyes googly, our footsies searching and our schedules open for rendezvousing.

After all, he's the only man on earth I've committed myself to, and him, me. So we're going to make the best of it, googly eyes and all.

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you! I remember people telling me the first year of marriage is very hard. Well, it's been 4 years and I'm still waiting for the hard part! Now of course those same people are telling me things change after 5 years and I'm not buying it.

    I personally think some couple are just way more affectionate and loving. There's NOTHING wrong with couples who choose to do things differently...but they shouldn't try to damper our affection.

    But from someone who's been married for 4 years, I can assure you those feelings last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally unfair that people make a generalization about everyones marriage and not to mention kinda rude. So many people think they know best and their way is the only way. I hear it's even *worse* when you conceive! It's like people don't have a filter when they think they know your life better than you.
    I think it's great you guys still have the passion! Just from what I've read on here, you both seem to have an idea about how to keep that fire burning unlike those other couples who allow it to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might be on facebook too often but I wanted to hit the "like" button on this post :) My husband and I do stuff like this and I hate hearing people say "Oh, that'll pass"...I ignore them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post made me smile. i don't care if it makes people nauseous to be around us, i will full-on flirt with my husband until we are saggy, white-haired and wrinkled.

    why would anyone want to live their life in anticipation of something beautiful turning into something "hard"? LAME. i think it's living in that mentality that makes it hard!

    people are ridiculous.

    so keep on googly-eyeing! it's much more fun that way anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to "like" this post. That first paragraph, I thouht you were describing me! :) Keep being an optimist, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when people try to lower your expectations towards your marriage in the future. I think the only reason marriages end up that way is because people believe that is "okay" or "the way it is suppose to be."

    I'm with you! I want to have googly eyes for my husband until the day I die :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP