Saturday, June 26, 2010

Autobiography

A little meme that floated through blogland many, many moons ago. I thought it would be fun to answer, since I'm feeling especially in love with my man these days. Well, I always feel especially in love with him, but there's something in the air that makes me feel like we're courting all over again.

What are your middle names? Allen and Leanne. My name was supposed to be Leigh Anne, but one party didn't like it, thus the other party caved and instead gave me Leanne. I would have liked to have been Leigh, but, I also like Sarah. (And, sorry, I don't know the story behind Mr. Lukie's middle name. Swear I'm not just gonna talk about me on this one).

How long have you been together? Together for two years, three months. Married for one year, two months and 22 days.  (And by together, I'm just basing it on our 2nd first date, not since we became "serious").

How long did you know each other before you started dating? 6 months, technically. We tried dating for a month or two immediately upon meeting, but God had other plans for each of us. We got back in touch after 6 months and took it slowly from there for many months...then just dove in head first, without looking ;)

Who asked whom out? I'll let you determine that: the night we met, there was obvious chemistry. I was getting ready to leave and he wasn't asking for my number. I had NEVER given my number to a guy without being asked for it, but that night, I said, "Why don't I give you my number so you can ask me out sometime?" We were text messaging back and forth just minutes later.

How old are each of you? I'm 27. Mr. Lukie is 36, about to turn 37 in July.

Do you have any children together? Nope. At least not yet.

What about pets? Two dogs--both were brought into the relationship by the mister. Six is a 14 year old lab/pit mix and the sweetest little loverboy you'll ever meet. Caddie is a 12 year old pit who has major attitude, but loves her Mama.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? The stuff with his mom. (But I don't really talk about that on here, because this isn't the place. Just know it's ugly, and we're in constant prayer over it...and if you'd like to pray for us in this area, it surely wouldn't hurt and would be much appreciated). His work schedule can be tough sometimes, too. For instance, months like this one, where he has worked double the shifts that he usually does. Makes for some lonely nights and easily misplaced feelings.

Did you go to the same school? Ha! First, we lived a few hundred miles apart growing up. And second, when I started Kindergarten, Mr. Lukie was in 7th grade.

Are you from the same hometown? Nope. He was born & raised in Orange County (California). I was born & raised in the Central Valley (California).

Who is the smartest? Oooh...that's tough. We're smart in different areas. English & Psychology are a cakewalk to me. Math & Sciences are a cakewalk to him. 

Who is more sensitive? I am, by FAR. But the mister has a sensitive side, as well. He just doesn't show it nearly as often as I do ::cough::weekly::cough::.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Kauai, Hawaii. Honeymoon. Most blissful 7 days of my life thus far.

Who has the craziest exes? Oy. I think we tie on this one. And really, that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that.

Who has the worst temper? Ha! You know, in the 2 years I've been with my husband, I don't know that I've ever seen him lose his temper? I take that back, I have seen it, once. But that's it. So...I guess you all know the answer, without me having to type it out and admit it :)

Who does the cooking? Mostly me, but only because I like to take care of my man in that way. Don't be fooled--firemen can COOK! When hubby is home, he likes to cook, and I like to taste his delish  meals, so I let him. We typically end up cooking together, though. Some of my favorite times are spent cooking with him in the kitchen.

Who is more social? Moi. Definitely.

Who is the neat-freak?  My closet is organized not only by color (light to dark), but by color AND season. The bed is made every single morning. I don't go to bed at night without having a clean house. BUT. I married a man who had his own label maker. We're equally Type A.

Who is more stubborn? Me. Allllll the way, me. He has this whole "maturity" thing down when we have a disagreement. See, I'm really super good at the Silent Treatment. He's really good at having a tender heart towards me, regardless of my actions or words. I'm getting better, but he is a wonderful example of what a patient husband looks like.

Who hogs the bed? We practically sleep on top of one another. Okay, that didn't come out right. Let me try again. . . We both sleep in the middle of the bed (seriously, could probably fit 2 more adult bodies in our bed), completely tangled up in one another. Legs intertwined, curled up, and always holding hands. We fall asleep holding hands and we wake up holding hands. I think that's weird, but it completely melts my heart.

Who wakes up earlier? When he has to work that morning, we're both up. I like to take care of him, and in the ways that I know how. So I make his coffee and his breakfast smoothie and then pack his lunch while he loads up the car. When he doesn't have to work, you better believe that man likes his sleep! I'm wide awake at 6am, ready to get up and get the day started. Mr. Lukie would rather sleep 'til 9 or 9:30. Sometimes, I let him ;)

Where was your first date? An adorable little wine shop in Old Town in San Diego, called the Wine Cabana. Wanna talk awkward first date? Our waitress was, like, best friends with his (very recent) ex-girlfriend. And decided to ASK HIM (in front of me!) how she was doing.

How do you spend the holidays? At the fire station, usually ;) It comes with the territory of being a fire wife, and I'm okay with that.

Who is more jealous? Eep. ::raises hand:: 

How long did it take to get serious? HA! I was ready to marry this man the first night I met him! In fact, I called my mom the next morning and told her that I had met the man I was going to marry. Regardless, it took him a bit longer to come to the same conclusion. After our 6 month hiatus, I'd say it took 4 months to get serious and then just a few months before we were engaged...then 2 months until we eloped.

Who eats more? The Lukie. He can put it away, and I'm not sure where it all goes--hollow leg? But if we're talking about candy, I will eat him under the table!

Who does/did the laundry? I do, always. Sometimes I ask him to help me fold a load or something, but it's rare. 

Who’s better with the computer? He is for the more technical stuff, I am for the more fun/creative stuff.

Who drives when you are together? Him, almost always. 

Who is the romantic one? We both have our romantic sides, but he is really good. I mean, do you NOT remember The Engagement Story?



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That is so sweet that you fall asleep holding hands. I like to have the breathing room. A lot of it. But I'm always talking to the Mr. about how I would like to be one of those couples that falls asleep in each others arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you fall asleep holding hands! :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute... I love reading stuff like this. I might just have to "borrow" it ;) You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP