Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Happiest Wherever I Can Make A Home

  • Heaven. Pure heaven! That's how I feel about the last 10 days spent with Mr. Lukie. It was a much needed time for relaxation and reflection. Sometimes, you just need that extra time to reconnect and fall deeper in love with your best friend. I'm so incredibly blessed to have that man as my husband.
  • We spent Friday through Sunday last weekend in Los Angeles at The CrossFit Games (basically, the Olympics of CrossFit). We hung out with everyone from our gym and got to know them more on a one-on-one basis. We spend our days, sweating and throwing weights around, with some of the coolest people! We also found out that we attend the same church as MANY of the people we work out with. Isn't God good?
  • I got a spot in Microbiology for the Fall semester! There was only 1 section that had any openings, and there were 5 spots left. I managed to snag a spot and class starts August 17th. Whew! I won't go crazy, seeing that I have something to keep me occupied very soon. {To be honest, I'm not good at not having anything to do. I mean, since we moved, all I've done is kept house, grocery shopped, worked out & taken care of the dogs. When you stay at home all day but don't have children to take care of, life gets  b o r i n g !}
  • I have forgotten how wonderful it is to have family close by. I haven't lived near family since I was 19 years old--almost 9 years. While I've done my best to make my friends my family, it just isn't the same. Mr. Lukie has an aunt, an uncle & 2 cousins (who are both married, with children) who live about 20 minutes south of us. We barbecued with one of the cousins & her family last night and it was such a joy! They have twin boys, who will be 3 in September; they adored my sweet husband, and the feeling was quite obviously mutual. Oh, how my heartstrings tugged and tugged watching him interact with these two. What a wonderful Daddy he will make, one day.
  • We drove down to San Diego on Thursday. We took the dogs to the beach & let them run around & we stopped at a few of our favorite places--a Thai restaurant, and of course, our frozen yogurt spot. Driving home, Mr. Lukie looked over at me and in a confessional tone, stated, "I do not miss San Diego ONE BIT...Is that weird?" And would you believe that I don't miss San Diego at all, either? I think hubby's cousin said it best: I'm happiest wherever I can make a home.

10 comments:

  1. I think I feel the same way about being happy where I can make a home! Sounds like an amazing time of reconnection for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo happy you are loving your new place. What a blessing from God! Love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great weekend! I'd love to hear your thoughts on CrossFit. I've noticed several people I know back home in FL have started doing it! Also, you can cross off number 26 on your list now right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way when the weekend comes...it is so nice to just spend the WHOLE day with your husband! It is the perfect way to reconnect. I love how much you cherish your relationship....your posts always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that you had such a wonderful time off with your hubby. We have definitely found the importance of occasional escape so we can reconnect as a couple. Praise God for wonderful husbands & marriages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom once said, "Home is where your junk is". It's so true!

    What a great 10 days spent investing in your relationship. I know you were blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, you're a cross-fitter! One of my favorite things on the planet! I know it was good to find even more comoraderie with people there who also go to church with you! And it sounds like God knew just what you both needed and met you there! I'm glad it was relaxing and restoring! I love that! And by the way, you're going to love finishing both Sacred Marriage and So Long Insecurity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's only been a couple of weeks since our journey began but we are so over the moon excited! I just wanted to drop in and invite you along for the ride - either you're a follower of my OTHER blog or just a sweet person I'd love to come along!

    Hopefully, the secrecy won't last long... www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com

    Much love, luck, and blessings!!

    The *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is good! Glade things are going so well...and I really like what your husbands cousin said about being happiest wherever you can make a home. Good luck with microbiology! I wish I hadn't pushed myself so hard the semester I took that class because it was hard, and my schedule was so packed I didn't really get the opportunity to enjoy like I with I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful post...glad things are going well for you and that you are happy just where you are :)

    Congrats on getting Micro...it was one of my favorite courses :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP