Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Remember Me?

Hi. 

Remember me? It's been awhile, I know. But you see, I had The Best Friend come visit for a weekend. And during that time, we had sooo much fun. We had a lovely lunch at the winery, had a girls night in, complete with bottle of wine, magazines, movies and girl talk. There was plenty of shopping to be done. And laying out by the pool. And since we were having so much fun, I didn't clean one square inch of this house while she was here. Which means that I spent several days cleaning it after she left.

But anyway, I'm back, and refreshed and re-energized from time spent with a wonderful friend.

I don't have much to update, aside from the fact that my super amazing husband (who worked something like 22 of 30 days in June...not to mention the handful of overtime shifts he's picked up in the first week of July already...) will be spending the next 10 days at home with our little family. Ohhh, you have no idea how joyful my heart is to say that! 10 whole days at home! No last minute calls in for overtime, turning a 24 hour shift into a 72 hour shift.

"A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." ~Ruth Bell Graham
I came across this quote today and...could it be more true? Sure, there are plenty of other things that contribute to a happy marriage, but is marriage not the place where you learn how to truly forgive someone? I'm so grateful for a husband who is merciful and forgiving. Lord knows I'm not perfect, no matter how hard I try to be. 

I may not be around much these next 10 days. You see, I kinda have a crush on my husband and would really, really like to spend every moment I can with him over the next 10 days. I'm totally being "that girl" who disappears on her friends, because her man is in town. But when you marry up (wayyyyy up!) like I did, you would totally do the same thing. Believe me.

12 comments:

  1. I'm that girl, too. Girl's nights, while fun and exciting, don't come close to comparing to even just a quiet night in with my handsome. Enjoy your husband loads! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every moments you have! Life is too short! Glad to hear you are doing well sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. I love this post! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls nights are great, but each day with the Hubs is better! :) You gotta be that girl, it's what keeps people married for years and years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe by the time you "come back", I'll have this Zoleo thing down.... erm.. in that case, take your time!

    And disappearing when your man is in town, is only a bad thing if you're still not a great friend when he is out town ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you are saying! I love that you are in love with your hubby. You spend as much time as you can with him. Great quote, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I would totally lock myself up with my hubby! Seems like we never get enough time to be together without work & school getting in the way. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! As a newlywed, I totally understand the lock yourself up with your man mentality. =) Have the best time ever!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After being married for 7 years, I still looooove staying at home with hubby or just spending time together, shutting the rest of the world out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - I felt free to say that here. As one of my "friends" commented on my FB status that it was 'depressing' the other day. hehe.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP