Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are We Still Friends?

You know how you have those friendships where you feel like you put in all the work, with nothing in return? I feel like we might be on that level right now, you and me. See, you've been writing blogs and keeping me up to date on the happenings in your busy life. I've been reading (every single entry!) and commenting as I have time (sad to say, not much). But I've been keeping you in the lurch on the happenings in my busy life. Because sometimes, it's just easier to ignore your responsibilities than it is to sit down and face them.

I'm sorry I've been such a bad friend over the past few weeks. I could come up with a million excuses as to why you should understand, but I won't. Instead, I'll just fill you in from where we left off last, telling you about school starting in 5 days (which, now, was 17 days ago).

  • This is my sweet girl, Caddie (with her Pops). She's curious and mischievous, but she's a sweetheart of a pup. Caddie got bit by a black widow the other night and her face swelled up to almost unrecognizable proportions. Needless to say, she spent the night in the hospital, hooked up to IV's and all sorts of stuff. It took her a good 48-72 hours to get back to her normal, curious self. It was terrible to see her in so much pain and suffering. Literally brought tears to my eyes as I watched her get sick all over the floor in the waiting area at the vet. I don't know how you Mama's out there do it, when your little ones are sick. I imagine I'll be a wreck when it's a human little one of mine. 
Mr. & Mrs. Lukie, enjoying the sunset
This is the ONLY thing I miss about San Diego

  • We drove down to San Diego to meet up with some friends of ours for a little barbecue on the beach at sunset, just the 4 of us. It was nice to catch up, spend some time at the beach, and relax. It was a beautiful sunset and a perfect night. It's times like this that I look around and wonder how anyone can deny that something so beautiful and perfect wasn't created by God.
  • School is going well. I'm really enjoying Microbiology, which I am happy to report. I've heard such mixed reviews from friends about their experiences, that I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It's just gross enough to keep me interested in learning more. I suddenly understand those people who walk around with masks and rubber gloves on at all times. Seriously. With the amount of nasty bacteria and parasites out there, it's a wonder we're not all sick, all the time. And the ways in which microbes are transmitted? Blech. Enough about Microbiology...
  • I got a job! I have my orientation tomorrow, where I learn more about the position, but I'll share the bit of information I have for now with you all. It is at our church, where I will be a teacher for the MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) kids while their Mama's are in fellowship. It is one day per week, for 3.5 to 4 hours. It's even a paid position (which I was NOT expecting, but is an added bonus!) I'm not sure what age group I will have yet--newborns, toddlers or pre-schoolers. I'm really excited about this opportunity to get more involved with our church, to meet other women in the area, and to play with little ones for a few hours each week. It's the perfect number of hours per week to get me out of the house without interfering with study time, and I have a feeling that God is going to teach me a thing or two while in this position :)
All in all, my life is fairly quiet and uneventful right now. I am content with that, as I feel that it is a season of life that has been coming for awhile and is much appreciated. I feel as though since we got married, we have been on the go constantly, always looking ahead to the "next thing" on the list to tackle or accomplish. It's nice to not have anything pressing that must be done in the near future. Yet again, I'm finding that my plans not working out are a blessing in disguise. If my plan had worked out, I'd be a stress case this semester, trying to earn good grades, keeping house, turning in nursing school apps and adjusting to living in a new city. Will I ever learn that God always knows what He is doing?

Thanks for taking the time to catch up on my life, even though I tried to cram almost 3 weeks worth of info into one quick post. I hope you're doing well and are looking forward to the arrival of fall as much as I am!

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back :) Glad that Caddie is doing better! And wow, that sunset is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, so sorry to hear about Caddie. Thank goodness she's doing better. As a puppy mama, I can totally understand. I'd be in tears too!

    I had to laugh...whenever I talk to Bailey and refer to Jim, I call him "pops". Another similarity that cracks me up.

    Yay for plans not working out! Isn't it funny how WE think we know best and yet God proves us wrong everytime. I'm so glad our plans didn't turn out because if they did I'd be in school already away from my baby boy :(

    Enjoy microbiology....but don't tell us anything you learn, k? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well! I think God will use you in this position at MOPS in a mighty way! Have a great day, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same way you do about the friends/blog thing:( I admit I'm so ashamed of myself. I read blogs, etc, but don't always have time to comment. Same w/ the board and FB. It gets too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psh...I was just about to delete you ;) Totally kidding of course! Life takes you in all sorts of directions, not always to the blog :) But we love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The MOPS thing sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoy it! And I love the sunset pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! :) No need to explain anything. Life is busy and crazy. Glad your Caddie is doing well and your new job sounds really great! Looking forward to hearing more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny! Yay for school starting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh....so sorry about Caddie! I'm so glad she is ok! And your sunset pictures are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP