Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Days, School Days...

...Good old golden rule days!

On the first day of school, from the time I started Kindergarten, until my first day of college, my grandpa would call and sing to me, "School days, school days, good old golden rule days! Reading & writing & 'rithmetic, taught to the tune of a hickory stick..."

Although I haven't had my grandpa call me and sing me that song in many, many years, it still pops into my head on the first day of school each year.

School days are upon us in the Lukie household. The mister has enrolled in 2 online history courses, to complete his AS in Fire Science, so that he can sit for the Captain's promotion test next year. I have enrolled in a microbiology course, to mark one more off the list of pre-requisites before I can apply to nursing school.

Today, I spent far more money than I wanted to on text books, lab manuals, notebooks, and colored pencils. I also spent my time printing out syllabi (one for lab, one for lecture), hole punching them, organizing binders, labeling said binders, stocking the pencil holder with all sorts of writing utensils, preparing a box full of blank notecards, and skimming said text books and lab manuals.

A day like that is just a little slice of heaven for a nerd like me! I have to admit that I was disappointed that I already had tons of pens, pencils, highlighters, erasers, and white out because I love seeking out fun & new stuff like that.

School starts in 5 days and I just have a feeling that this is going to be my best semester yet!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, 5 days??

    Hope you enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a kid in a candy store in a place like Office Max, Office Depot, etc. I have a few classes left..blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love prepping for a new semester :) Color coding notebooks and folders is just so satisfiying! Good luck this semester, I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting school supplies, too! Too bad my school days are over as of 2 years ago. I will just have to wait until I start homeschooling my children so I can live vicariously through them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just meeting you for the first time today! I enjoyed my visit here a lot! Especially the post on insecurity - can totally relate. Look forward to getting to know you better in the future! ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP