Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Just Keep Swimming...Just Keep Swimming..."

  • Yesterday marked 1.5 years of marriage for us. What a gift marriage is--these have been the best 18 months of my life yet!
  •  
  • We joined the Married Couples Bible study at church. The first half hour is worship as a large group--all married couples in the sanctuary. Then, we break up into our small groups from there for the remaining 90 minutes. This has been such a blessing to us, as we follow Pastor Chuck Swindoll's "Marriage: From Striving to Thriving" study.
  •  
  • We spent some time in Minnesota last week visiting my family. It had been nearly 1 year since we had seen them, so it was a nice time to catch up & just spend time with one another. My sister started Kindergarten and is learning to read & write. She also told Mr. Lukie that she was going to marry him when she grew up. I didn't want to break her heart at such a young age, so we'll discuss this again in the future, when she tries to steal my man ;)
  •  
  • School is going great--I'm earning an A in my Microbiology class and am (for the most part) understanding the information. I didn't expect to love Micro, but I do. It is so much easier to study & do well in a class when you actually enjoy it!
  •  
  • I started a super duper part time job on Tuesday mornings working as a teacher in the childcare rooms at church. While the MOPS moms are in fellowship, I am taking care of their little ones. It is so much fun to play with these littles--sometimes I have the newborns, other times I have the 2 year olds, and anywhere in between. When you're not around kids all that often, you forget how curious and excited they are to make new discoveries. They remind me of this all the time, and how I needn't take life for granted in the way that I do sometimes. They also remind me of what an incredible blessing and absolute miracle they are.
  •  
  • It feels as though Fall has finally arrived here in Southern California. The days are overcast and cloudy, windy and misty. The nights are brisk and dark dark dark. I'm not sure how long Fall is here to visit for this week, but I'm hoping more than just the few days we've experienced.


7 comments:

  1. Yay for starting a couple's bible study. Steven and I host Life Group in our home on Friday nights and it has been such a blessing. It's refreshing to spend time each week with like minded people who strengthen our faith!

    Also glad that you to take a much needed trip to visit family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I haven't been following super long, but I had to comment when I saw you live in SoCal but you were visiting family in MN. I moved here from MN about a year and a half ago right after my husband and I got married for his job. Crazy! Anyway, love the blog and wanted to say hi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been busy! I love that you're watching kids for MOPS. That's awesome! Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have found a good couples B.S. to go to. That wonderful. God has answered our prayers for you to find a great church.

    Also, so glad that you love your MOPS job. It will prepare you a little for motherhood!

    Blessings,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. very professional done . nice content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are bananas, lol. Glad you had a nice visit with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 幫你來簽簽   夠意思八



















    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP