Saturday, January 1, 2011

Highlights of 2010

January:
  • I quit my full-time job to go back to school full-time. My goal was to satisfy pre-requisite requirements for nursing school.

February:
  • We celebrated our 1 year "Engagement Anniversary" on Valentine's Day. Please, tell me we're not the only silly ones who celebrate our Engagement Anniversary ;)
March:
  • I began volunteering at the hospital every Friday for a 7 hour shift in the PACU. 
  • We spent a lot of time at the beach with the dogs.

April:
  • We traveled to my hometown (Mr. Lukie's first trip there!) to spend Easter with my Dad.
  • We celebrated our 1 year Wedding Anniversary!
  • We ran in the Warrior Dash.
  • We traded in the Camry for the Prius.
  • My baby sister turned...5!
  • We attended & passed our CrossFit Level I Certification course.

May:
  • Finished my 1st semester back to school & did really well!
  • Packed up our little beach cottage in San Diego...

June:
  • ...and started afresh in our new town.
  • Joined CrossFit by Overload!!!

July:
  • Spent 3 days at The CrossFit Games in Los Angeles. 
  • Celebrated Mr. Lukie's 37th birthday.

August:

  • Started my 2nd semester back to school.
  • Started my 'super part time' MOPS job at church.
  • Began our "Nutrition Challenge" at the gym.

September:
  • Celebrated my 28th birthday!
  • Started attending our first Married Couples Bible Study at church.
  • Visited my family in Minnesota for a long weekend.

October:
  • Began my internship with CrossFit Headquarters.
  • Attended my 10-year High School Reunion.
  • Mr. Lukie is officially promoted to Fire Engineer at work!
  • Began attending the Praying Wives group at church. What a blessing!
November:
  • Mr. Lukie's official promotion ceremony...and I got to pin his badge!
  • Spent Thanksgiving in Kanab, Utah with family & friends.
  • Made an unexpected trip to the Emergency Department while in Kanab...broken wrist, it was.
  • Visited Zion National Park!

December:
  • Finished my 2nd semester back to school--and earned an 'A' in Microbiology!
  • Enjoyed our tradition (3 years in the making!) of going out to a nice dinner & then watching a production of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" in San Diego.
  • Received (and accepted) an offer from CrossFit Headquarters for a full-time position!
  • Celebrated Christmas at the fire station.

Stay tuned for what 2011 has in store . . . 

    3 comments:

    1. Love the year in review... sounds like you two were very busy and very blessed!

      ReplyDelete
    2. So happy you had a fabulous 2010! I feel like our lives are so similiar... always love your blog! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. you two are so adorable, i love that you celebrate your engagement anniversary! cute pictures of the both of you too. happy belated birthday!

      ReplyDelete

    What do you think?

      © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

    Back to TOP