Friday, March 11, 2011

101 in 1001 - #14, #38, #96

#14: Prepare to start a family - completed 9/3/10


This is something I kept under wraps from the majority of people in my life. In August 2010, we decided that I would finish out my last pack of birth control pills & let God handle the rest. The day I took my last pill (9/3/10), I started taking a prenatal vitamin in place of it. I also began doing a ton of research about pregnancy, both by reading online articles and studies, as well as books on the topic. I read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility," and learned how to read my body. I am so glad that I did! I know my body much more intimately now, and can tell when something isn't right.

#38: Get a passport - completed 1/14/11


Would you believe that this is the first passport I've ever been issued? Prior to our work vacay, I had never traveled outside of the country {Tijuana, Mexico doesn't count!} and needed one. Mr. Lukie, of course, has had a few in his lifetime. He still has his passport from when he was 2 or 3 years old, and oh! if he wasn't the most squeezable, adorable little tow-headed boy in the world! I'll have to scan his old passport in and share it with you all, someday soon.

#96: Make a wedding photo album - completed 1/31/11

No photo for this, but I got it done! Well...our photographer from our faux-wedding got it done, anyway. It's gorgeous and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So happy we decided to splurge on this, so we have a little keepsake for ourselves, as well as for our children to look through one day.


6 comments:

  1. Hooray for checking things off the list...you should definitely do # 16! Cirque is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that's some major progress. ;) This has nothing to do with this post, but how is the book you're reading, Toxic Inlaws? I think I need that book if it's any good... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl! ... so no pics from your cool vacay? We love to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Excited to land on your blog, I love mama/baby blogs, congrats on your pregnancy!! I just read the past couple posts to get caught up ... for the record, we did not find out the gender of our baby and "it" always had a super fast heart rate at every appointment ... we had a boy, and everyone said we were going to have a girl. Ha!

    And yay for checking things off the list!

    Again, congrats, such an exciting adventure you're on!

    Maegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you completed your goals. We have some very similar goals in there! I've also read taking control of your fertility and got a lot of useful information. Unfortunately for me, my body just isn't giving me what I want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still don't have my passport Sarah...lol

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP