Wednesday, April 6, 2011

13w1d - Smaller This Week?

 I'm feeling like my bare belly picture this week looks smaller than my bare belly picture from last week...but my clothed picture looks bigger. Must be the angle? Because I am CERTAINLY not any smaller...especially due to that 1/2 inch waist increase ;)

How far along?  13 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain/loss? 3lbs (I've maintained this for the past 3 weeks. Not sure how, but I'll take it!)

Maternity clothes?  Mix of maternity & regular.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep?  Great! {Aside from the insanely crazy dreams I have every night}

Best moment last week? Reaching the end of my first trimester. {Except that some of my books & online resources say 12 weeks is the end of the first trimester, others say 13 weeks, yet others say 14 weeks. I'm going with 12 weeks, since 12/4=3 months. Sheesh).

Movement?  Not yet. Looking forward to this, though! 

Food cravings? I may have been obsessing over Cheetos today, so I caved tonight & grabbed a tiny bag. SO yummy!

Gender? We won't find out until birth day...but I'm back to feeling girl, totally!
 
Labor signs? Ha. Not even close.

Belly button in/out? In, but it's a shallow little button these days.

What I miss: Nothing, this week.

What I am looking forward to: Celebrating our 2nd Wedding Anniversary this weekend! Mr. Lukie had to work on our anniversary, so we put off celebrating until this weekend.

Milestones: Staying within the 'weight guidelines' for the first trimester. When I started out the first 8 weeks at 7 or 8 pound weight gain, I was flipping out.
 
 **Tidbit of info: I had an appointment yesterday with a nurse practitioner. She was asking me questions, and our conversation went like this:

NP: "You do this every month, right?" {as she's doing a breast exam}
Me: "I try to. Usually in the shower."
NP: "You do plan on breastfeeding, right?"
Me: "Absolutely. As long as all works out for us that way."
NP: "You do want an epidural, right?"
Me:  ::crickets::
Me: "Well, we're planning a home birth, so, no, no epidural. No medical interventions, including pain medication, at all, if possible."
NP: "You're WHAT?!" {hand stops moving on my breast & just sits there in one very awkward spot for a moment}
NP: "I'm sorry, can we back up a minute? I did NOT see that coming. WHY a home birth?" {resumes breast exam}

Hence the reason we don't share that we're planning a home birth. When you aren't supported in your decisions as a woman, it makes it pretty difficult to want to share at all.

Also, from BabyCenter.com: 

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

10 comments:

  1. Seriously, I don't know why people freak out about home births. And watching that show on Lifetime, One Born Every Minute, and when people don't want an epidural or medical intervention, all of the nurses are just rolling their eyes and looked shocked. People, how do you think women had babies BEFORE medical advances?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Rebecca! Get over it, lady! I don't understand the judgement!

    The bump is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, some people! My best friend has delivered two at home with JUST her husband present. People really don't know how to take that one...
    I would have had half a mind to tell that NP that a response like that doesn't garner details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! Glad to read that all things are going well so far (and that you are excited about your 2nd anniversary...woohoo!)
    My friends and I had talked about home birth/going to a hospital and we were all a bit torn too...I just don't think I could do home birth, but wish I could...of course I am not even pregnant so no need to worry anytime soon!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I'm with you on the sharing thing. We went and toured a hospital last night and I refrained from asking any of the questions I really wanted to ask (do they have birthing balls, can I walk the halls, etc.) because I didn't want to have to deal with that exact situation. It doesn't help that the nurse giving the tour said that they required their patients to remain in bed after their water broke... I was pretty much decided against that hospital then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why people freak out about HOW or WHERE you give birth. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns, even though there is no way I would ever do a home birth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's rediculous that the nurse practioner acted like that..like she's never had a patient do a home birth?? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's ridiculous that the NP acted that way. Good for you for doing what you feel is best. By the way, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 2nd wedding anniversary. Still loving that bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're looking wonderful!!!

    I'm so sad your NP reacted like that...I would think that she would understand that not everyone desires to have the same birthing experience.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP