Monday, April 4, 2011

A Smattering of Snippets

This is from our "faux wedding," and not from our actual wedding...which was an elopement at the Courthouse.
 
  • Today was our 2nd wedding anniversary. Is our anniversary. {though, it is 9:30pm the evening of our anniversary, thus the change in tense} Of course, being the Fire Wife that I am, 1/3 of all holidays/birthdays/anniversaries/veryimportantdates are spent with Mr. Lukie at the fire station, and me at home, alone. I don't say this to get sympathy--it's what is normal to us. We just learn to celebrate these special days on other days, and make them especially special :) I am hoping we do just that tomorrow.

  • So, while today was our 2nd wedding anniversary, today also marked 3 years since our second first date. Yes, you read that correctly. Our 2nd first date. Meaning, we had a 1st first date, but the husband wasn't quite ready to settle down just yet (even though I called my mom after he dropped me off & told her I had just gone out with the man I was going to marry). It's okay. I don't hold any grudges or hard feelings against him for it...it just goes to show that I love him wayyy more than he loves me. That's all...
You've seen this pic already...but I love looking at our little blob, and aren't blogs with photos more fun? Okay then. Blob it is.

  • Tomorrow is the first doctors appointment Mr. Lukie won't be able to go to with me, due to other commitments that he just can't get out of. I don't think it's any big deal appointment, anyway--just a quickie with a Nurse Practitioner, so my guess is she's going over my lab results from my last appointment, and possibly doing my yearly check up. Probably best the Mister misses this appointment ;)

  • I love, love, LOVE our midwife. I know I've said it before, but I just can't get over how awesome she is! I think one of my favorite parts about having a midwife is that I can call or text her at any time with a question or issue, and I know I will hear back from her within 20 minutes. I sent her a text today asking about this 2 day long headache I've had. I got a response 10 minutes later with some homeopathic remedies to try out. I would have had to wait 2 days for my doctor to get back to me via email or phone. 

  •  I'm still doing CrossFit. {yes, even while pregnant} I plan on continuing to go 3-4 times per week (down from my pre-pregnancy 5-6 times per week) until I deliver...or until I just physically cannot anymore. Fingers crossed it's more along the 'until I deliver' lines, though. I've scaled my intensity way down (even if I hadn't wanted to, my body does.not. allow me to push it these days). During the first trimester, I dropped my weights to 30% of my max weights, and now that I've moved on to the second trimester, I'm staying at 30% of my max for as long as I can, but will then decrease to 50% of my max weights. I'm being safe and smart about it, and listening to my body. Trust me...no one wants a healthy Mama and Baby more than Mr. Lukie and I do. I know my body, and I listen to it. I stop when I'm feeling dizzy/lightheaded & I take it easy when I'm not feeling well. 

  • We have some most amazing friends! We were given a brand new convertible crib, a Graco highchair, a Yakima jogger stroller, a Maclaren techno stroller, a Peg Perego pliko switch compact stroller, an Arm's Reach co-sleeper, a Pack N Play, a 'My Breast Friend' pillow, a bathtub, and a backpack style carrier for hiking. At this point, our registry is looking smaller and smaller by the minute, as we're going to have so many of the basic necessities before we even get around to registering. God is good!

  • And because I promised a quick "sneak peek" at the color we painted the nursery, there it is. I know...just a sliver of a peek, but that's all I've got for you now. I'll do little snippets here & there as things get done in the nursery, but plan on doing one big reveal after Baby Lukie has made his/her arrival and we've got everything dialed in.

  • Oh, and this is what I look like, laying on the couch & blogging. Just in case you were dying to know.



7 comments:

  1. All so exciting, especially the blob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! It's funny that you also had a faux wedding and real one too (we did the same thing and our 1st anniversary is tomorrow...1 year!) I am also impressed with your crossfit activity. I have a friend who does it non-stop as well (5-6 times or more) and swears by it! I have tried it out, but I think my competitive side gets to me and I push myself WAY too hard! I give you props for keeping it up with a bun in the oven :) You will for sure be one healthy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the faux wedding.

    Glad to see your still able to keep up with CF. Great picture - form is still perfect!!!

    Love the bump....love, love, love the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! And all the baby talk/pics, got my clock ticking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see the baby bump in that picture! I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is awesome that you have all of that stuff for baby Lukie! And what a cute bump!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP