Wednesday, May 4, 2011

17w1d - Well, Hello There, Baby!


 
How far along?  17 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain/loss? +8lbs

Maternity clothes?  Now that it's in the 90's here (what the heck? Summer CANNOT start early this year! I have to be hugely pregnant all summer long, and our average temps in the summer are in the 100's!!) I'm wearing lots & lots of maxi dresses. Still wearing a few non-maternity shirts, but most are too short/tight to fit anymore. And I haven't tried a pair of non-maternity jeans in weeks. Don't think I'll torture myself in that way...

Stretch marks? No...but I discovered a faint linea negra making its appearance this week :( I know, it's silly to be saddened by this discovery, but I am. I have very fair skin, so I definitely didn't expect this to happen. I know it sounds vain & immature, but all I can think about is how that will be so noticeable (and not cute to me) in my maternity photos.

Sleep?  OMG, sleep has been amazing the past week! I'm sleeping SO soundly, it's awesome.

Best moment last week? There were a lot: being asked several times at a wedding we attended when I am due, a little 1 night getaway to San Diego, our midwife appointment {it's so nerdy how much we love going to these!}, starting a new series in our "Married Couples" Bible study, and attending my first MOPS meeting.

Movement?  Still the same ol' flutters & 'quickening.' I know it's Baby Lukie, but I can't wait until it's more substantial.
 
Symptoms?  I'm experiencing some tingling in my hands upon waking in the morning. It goes away as soon as I get the blood flowing, whether that be through doing chores or working out. My NP advised me today that as long as it's not accompanied by back or neck pain, it's most likely due to me sleeping so soundly at night. She's not concerned about it being carpal tunnel, since it's only first thing in the morning & goes away for the rest of the day.

Food cravings? None.

Gender? We won't find out until birth day...but I'm feeling girl.

Labor signs? Ha. Not even close.

Belly button in/out? In, but shallow.

What I miss: Nada!

What I am looking forward to: Our 20 week ultrasound & my best friends wedding. It'll be nice to get away for a long weekend!

Milestones: Linea negra, I suppose...

6 comments:

  1. Lookin' cute! Coming from someone who was pregnant at all the same times of the year you are, I can attest. It's brutal. ;) Seriously going to plan all future pregnancies (please, Lord, please let me do that...) so that I have spring babies. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linea negra or not, you are and will be one beautiful pregnant lady. Just be thankful they aren't stretch marks! And remember, photoshop does wonders :)

    I had the horrid tingling hands first thing in the morning too. It was bizarre. My hands would be numb and then fine a few hours later. My doctor said it was carpal tunnel but with what your midwife said, I'm beginning to think it wasn't! A wrist brace works wonders if you find you need something down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the linea nigra, if you get a photographer who knows Photoshop, they can edit it right out! Feeling the flutters from the baby is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking hot mama!

    PS- Ditto what others have said about the linea negra, but just make sure you TELL your photog that you'd prefer it be edited out. I think most don't unless it is requested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby sure is growing! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an inspiration, thank you!.. Ive just made my blog on my pregnancy journey..it really is worth talking about and celebrating for! even the not so good bits of it:) Hun you look fabulous!! Im still on my 2nd month.. long far down.. :) hope everything goes really well with u and ur lil angel ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP