Wednesday, May 11, 2011

18w1d - We've Got A Shaker & A Mover!


 
How far along?  18 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain/loss? +12lbs (I'm back to being freaked out by the number on the scale again. ::sigh::)

Maternity clothes?  Yes, please.

Stretch marks? Nope. When I asked Mr. Lukie to give me a once over for stretch marks the other day, he said, "Babe, I check every day while you're not paying attention, and no, you don't have any." Glad to know someone is concerned about this...ahem.

Sleep?  I am still sleeping so well that I didn't wake this morning to send the hubby off to work. Poor guy, had to get his breakfast made on his own :(

Best moment last week? Feeling Baby Lukie move for the first time!! Felt it at 17 weeks, exactly. So amazing :)

Movement?  Yessss...finally! Down on my lower left side. I've felt it several more times since then and it makes me giddy every time!
 
Symptoms?  Here we go. From Sunday to Tuesday, I *thought* I was feeling the baby move. I *thought* I was SEEING the baby move. Turns out, I was having major Braxton Hicks contractions for about 36 hours. It freaked me out, so my midwife met with me on Monday night (totally last minute, 30 minutes notice--she is AMAZING!) and we listened to Baby's heartbeat. She watched my stomach doing it's thing--jumping around and tightening up from below my belly button, all the way to the right. She confirmed that all was well with Baby & that some women start experiencing BH much earlier than others--and some don't experience it at all! 
 
I had also called my OB to see if I could get in to have an ultrasound, just for additional reassurance. Of course, my OB couldn't see me until late Tuesday morning and by then, my midwife had made me feel comfortable with things...but I still wanted to see my baby, so off to the OB I went. It was confirmed that they were, in fact, BH, and that Baby is, in fact, super duper healthy. What can I say--I'm a first timer who can be a bit paranoid every so often. My mom lost a baby at 28 weeks and had the same symptoms, so it immediately became a thought in my mind.

Regardless, Baby Lukie is healthy & happy as a clam in my belly. And oh-my-goodness, so CUTE! S/he had an arm up by the head & looked like it was waving to me. "Hi, Mama! All is well in here. You quit your worrying about me!"

Food cravings? Nope.

Gender? Still thinking girl. Especially after the way Baby had its legs crossed at the ankles in the most ladylike way at the ultrasound ;)

Labor signs? Well...if you want to count the Braxton Hicks. But no, not REAL labor signs.

Belly button in/out? Neither. We've officially hit the "flat" zone, folks. Um. I'm only 4.5 months! I have a feeling the button will pop quicker than I had anticipated.

What I miss: Nada!

What I am looking forward to: Our next midwife appointment next week, and our 20 week ultrasound the week after.

Milestones: Feeling baby move! Braxton Hicks. Being unmistakably pregnant.

9 comments:

  1. You are just so cute pregnant!!

    Don't worry about your weight, you are so tiny! By the time I was 18 weeks, well, I don't want to tell you how much I had gained. Overall, I gained 77 pounds (I had medical issues). Thankfully I've since lost it all and then some, phew!

    Enjoy your baby belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, movement is the thing I miss the most about being pregnant. It's soooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that is so not fair! You still look ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Look at that baby bump! That would be so scary about the BH contractions - I could never feel them, but I know you can get them pretty early. My belly button popped around 22 weeks, so you might have an outie too! Originally I didn't want an outie, but after it happened I decided I like them. :-) People REALLY can't mistake it for s beer belly when you have an outie! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great...and as much as it sucks to see the scale go up...it goes down so quick after you have the little one! I was down 30 lbs within 2 weeks!
    That is really scary about the BH contractions but at least you have your midwife to meet you whenever to calm your worries! :)
    And I am sure I have said this before, but I love that you are not finding out what you are having...its so much fun not knowing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is crazy about the BH! I don't know if I ever had them with Brayden. Glad you got the reassurance that you needed though- :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! You are almost halfway there...can't believe how quickly it's passed!

    I started having BH around 20 weeks as well. I know that it's so weird to have them that early! I always worried about them too. But I think it's good for your muscles to be toning up, just like any practice for a major athletic event! = )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad everything is okay. And how fun that you are feeling baby move. :) Love it! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP