Thursday, May 26, 2011

20w1d - Halfway There!



How far along?  20 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain/loss? +12lbs

Maternity clothes?  All the time with bottoms (unless I'm in yoga pants, a maxi dress, or a skirt with a full elastic waist). I went shopping & bought several maternity shirts because all of my shirts are too short or just too tight. Feeling MUCH better in clothing--just wishing I had made the switch to maternity clothes much sooner. I know for next time ;)

Stretch marks? Nope. And that linea negra I was freaking out about? It hasn't gotten any darker at all. In fact, it's hardly noticeable now. Or maybe I'm used to it. Either way...

Sleep?  Terrible. I bought a pregnancy pillow at BRU yesterday & slept with it for the first time last night. Oh my heavens, is it a Godsend!

Best moment last week? Midwife appointment--she is very pleased with where my weight is, which makes me feel great, because I just wasn't sure where I should be at 20 weeks. Watched a high school production of "Hello, Dolly!" Met up with the besties for dinner.

Movement?  All the time now :) It seems to be much more significant over the past week--sometimes startling me!
 
Symptoms?  If I hold my bladder for too long, I get the most horrific pain in my abdomen. That's interesting, and was a good lesson to learn. Braxton Hicks a few times a week.

Food cravings? Nope.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day.

Labor signs? Just the super fun Braxton Hicks that like to visit every so often. Still.

Belly button in/out? Still just chillin', as shallow as can be.

What I miss: Mmm...nothing. Though, it's funny. I saw a picture of me from a few months before I got pregnant. I honestly forgot what my stomach looked like flat. And now, I realize how thin/fit I was. Odd that I didn't realize it until I had a big ol' belly.

What I am looking forward to: A weekend getaway with my love.

Milestones: We're halfway, baby!! (I don't know why I'm pretending to be happy about this. The honest to goodness truth is that I'm sad about this. I love being pregnant and the time is going by far too quickly. As much as I would love to meet this sweet babe, I'm not ready to be at the halfway point. I realize I won't be saying this around 36 weeks or so, but...it's how I'm feeling now).



20 week ultrasound pictures coming soon!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Baby Lukie ultrasound pics...and by the way, you still look amazing (and your hair is getting SUPER long!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tip on peeing, when you go, lift/hold your belly up if you can, and you should be able to empty your bladder more (a lot of women always have to go but don't get much out because baby is just chilling on the bladder and that area so you feel like you always have to go). A little tip I learned in prenatal massage :)

    Looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, can't believe you're halfway there. Time's a flyin'! I'm not one of those people who just love being pregnant though. I hurt and I get huge, but I love the end result so I'll happily do it a few more times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved being pregnant too and thought it went by too quickly. But around 36 weeks it felt like time stopped :) But for the most part I enjoyed it up until the day I had her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize how thin I was pre-pregnancy until I was pregnant either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the absolute cutest pregnant people I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP