Thursday, June 9, 2011

22w1d - Once Upon A Time, I Had A Flat Stomach...

**Disclaimer to the title of this post: I am not, in any way, saying that I don't LOVE my bump. It's just amazing to me how the body works--17 weeks ago, I had a six pack, and here I am with a burgeoning belly that will continue to get bigger for another 18 weeks. The human body blows my mind! (I felt the need to explain this, seeing how several comments on my 22w picture on Facebook had me feeling like people thought I was resentful of my belly or something...?) 

How far along?  22 weeks, 2 days (pic was taken at 22w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records, +13lbs. According to my OB's records, +8lbs. I think I'm liking my OB's records much better ;)

Maternity clothes?  All bottoms. Most tops, though I do mix & match every so often.

Stretch marks? Nada.

Sleep?  Getting better. Loving my pregnancy pillow. And I realized that over the past 2 weeks, I've only worked out 2 or 3 times each week...and my sleep has been suffering greatly for the past 2 weeks. I think this majorly has something to do with it--when I'm working out 4 times each week, plus 1 prenatal yoga class thrown in, I sleep SO much better.

Best moment last week? Mr. Lukie felt the baby for the first time from the outside! The crib & dresser/changer came in...pictures as soon as we put them together :)

Movement?  All the time! Baby L is definitely developing a sleep pattern and can always be felt moving around between 8am and 11am and then again from about 8pm to 11pm. Of course, there are times where I feel him/her moving around in between those times as well, but that is when s/he's totally rockin' out in there. I am startled from time to time with a kick or a punch down low, but it always makes me smile. (Feeling baby as I type this, and it's 4pm...see?)

Oh, and we're definitely SEEING baby move these days. It's fun to sit on the couch at night and just watch my stomach bop around all over the place :) I've tried to video it a few times, but, in true Baby L fashion, can never catch it on camera.
 
Symptoms?  Nothing major, these days.

Food cravings? Flour tortillas with butter on them, warmed up in the microwave. (Pre-pregnancy, I hadn't eaten a tortilla in months and months!)

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day. Lots of predictions going around lately and I think it's split pretty evenly!

Labor signs? I haven't had many BH in the past few weeks. Wondering if that correlates to my lack of working out in the past few weeks? Interesting...

Belly button in/out? Oh, it's getting flat. Flat flat flat!

What I miss: Having something "cute" to wear when getting together with girlfriends. Being complimented on looking cute and FEELING cute are 2 completely and totally different things. I'm tired of wearing the same 3 things over & over. And sure, "summer dresses! flowy skirts!" are great suggestions, until it is 50 degrees outside and you can't wear those things. Sooo...yeah.

What I am looking forward to: Throwing my girlfriends baby sprinkle on Saturday! Next midwife appointment. Getting the built in closet in the nursery installed. CrossFit SoCal Regionals!

Milestones: Mr. Lukie feeling baby move. Super, super excited about that!

**Oh, and one more thing I have to share. A friend commented to me the other day that my belly pics on Facebook are getting "R-Rated." I asked her what she meant by that & she just said they were starting to look a little 'risque,' what with the "lines" that go down my sides and point to my 'you-know-what.' Am I missing something here? Those are my ab/oblique muscles and I can't really do much about it. They appear to be much less noticeable this week than previous weeks, but, I can't help but feel like she was telling me that I basically should stop posting bare belly pics...

10 comments:

  1. No, you're not missing anything--your belly photos are risque at all. I just saw a friend post a pregnancy boudoir shot as a profile pic...THAT was a little risque, but bare belly photos are not. At all. The end.

    Love your sweet baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Risque? I don't get it??? Like Meredith said, it's not like you're posting boudoir pics on a weekly basis, sheesh. Some people just need to learn to zip their lips (or sit on their typing hands!!!) I say she's jealous. That's my answer to anyone who is rude, though. Ha.
    The human body is so amazing, isn't it? I am just in awe about the entire miracle of birth. Every time. I can't wait to have more babies....

    Well, actually, I can wait a little...all my skinny clothes are fitting me again and I'd like to enjoy it for more than 6 months before I outgrow 'em. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And your pics are def not risque. It's our only time in life where us woman can gain weight and have it be "ok". We have to embrace it somehow lol. So I say take all the bare belly pics you want. I do as something to look back and remember this whole awesome experience by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab!
    Um, wow. Wow. Every photo I have seen you post has been fully covered aside from your belly! What's the difference in posting that and a shot in a bikini, which a ton of girls do?
    I think there's a side of haterade being served with that comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! Let them all be JEALOUS!
    coz that's one CUTE baby Bump!
    Lookin' Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IMO, Bare belly photos are not in any way risque! They are just jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhh, no, nothing risque going on here. You have a cute baby bump and you are a proud momma - I don't at all interpret your pics to be suggestive or "risque." I'm lovin' all these updates on Baby L!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, I miss my flat stomach too, and I don't think that means I don't love my baby or my bump! :) In fact, I was getting really annoyed looking in the mirror when I was 5-6 weeks pregnant because my stomach suddenly seemed less flat... and then I realized, duh! I'm pregnant! lol

    I loooove feeling baby movement! Tabitha hasn't been letting her daddy feel her very much yet... can't wait till he can.

    I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and you look great! I love the tattoo also! Can't wait to hear more!!
    http://filminginiowa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell your friend to shut the f up. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP