Thursday, June 23, 2011

24w2d - 6 Months!!

   



How far along?  24 weeks, 2 days (pics taken 24w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +14lbs. According to my OB's records: 9lbs.

Maternity clothes?  All bottoms. Most tops, though I do mix & match every so often.

Stretch marks? Nada.

Sleep?  It's getting better, but still not ideal.

Best moment last week? Getting our new couch. Teaching my first CrossFit class as head coach. Mr. Lukie feeling a really hard kick & then watching my stomach move & roll & contort into all sorts of odd positions while Baby L wriggled around in there.

Movement?  Alllllll the time!

Symptoms?  Itchy belly. And I swear that I can literally feel my rectus abdominis separating, which is quite uncomfortable. Watching it happen over the course of this pregnancy has been...interesting, to say the least.

Food cravings? Back to having a sweet tooth again, but nothing I'd count as a craving.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :)

Labor signs? Just some BH here & there. Nothing major though.

Belly button in/out? Flat on the bottom, have a tiny bit to go on the top before it is 100% flat.

What I miss: It's officially bikini season here in the desert of Southern California...and I miss feeling thin/cute in one.

What I am looking forward to: A girls day this weekend. Heading to the river for 4 days in the coming weeks to relax & lounge!

Milestones: I've hit the 6 month mark! Last month of my second trimester--how did that happen? Baby L is now measuring in at about 13.5 inches long and weighs close to 2 pounds!


**I sent this pic via text to my Mama yesterday. She shared it with my 6-year old sister. Her response? "Mama, that doesn't look like Sissy's face at all." Ahem. Tell me how a 6-year old notices that her sisters face is fuller? Dang those observant kidfolk!

On the same account, I can't help but think this is the cutest darn picture ever--she wanted to show me that she can look like Sissy, too!


You don't think she's a sassy little thing, do you? And believe you me, I have NO idea *who* she gets it from ;)

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, I didn't realize we both had 6yo sisters too! And my, my mine is sassy too. They are so much fun right now, and say the funniest things. Is she excited to be an aunt??

    Can you believe we are over halfway done? It feels like we still have forever to go, cause I want to hold Baby so badly. But I know I will blink and it will be here. I'm trying not to wish it away, but enjoy those kicks and rolls. :) You still look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture of your sister, that is TOO cute. My brother has been 14 and 16 when I've been pregnant, and still can't keep his comments to himself. Totally NOT cute. Haha! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Post! I wonder who she gets it from...TOO CUTE!
    Any news on the nursery front? LOL, just curious yah know... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look great! I voted that it will be a boy because your tummy is sitting a little higher (that's what the doctors told me when I had my son.) Hope your couch has been everything and more too ;) I love new furniture. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you are so cute! Can't believe how fast it's going ... enjoy every minute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does the time go? Both for you and Carlee, I remember when you told us your mom was going to have a baby, and look at her now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 months? Amazing! You look wonderful! Carlee looks like quite the ham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Rebecca! I remember you flying back to help with Carlee's nursery and now she is six!?

    Beautiful photos Sarah! Thank you for sharing all of this! It's a fun progression to watch! It has also eased my fear of ever being pregnant (the whole body change, getting bigger thing.) You have proven that when done right (eating/exercise) pregnancy doesn't have to be an ailment or weight burden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe we are at the 6 month mark already- time is flying! That is awesome that you taught your first CrossFit class! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP