Thursday, June 30, 2011

25w2d - All Up In My Ribs


How far along?  25 weeks, 2 days (pics taken 25w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +14lbs. According to my OB's records: 9lbs.{::ahem:: I know this will be changing very, very soon, as my next OB appointment is on Tuesday and I haven't weighed in since my last one, over 4 weeks ago. My guess? That I'm up to about +17 or so}

Maternity clothes?  All bottoms. Most tops, though I do mix & match every so often.

Stretch marks? Nada.

Sleep?  It's been fabulous lately! Except the past 2 mornings, I've woken up, stretched and...yep, gotten a gnarly calf cramp. I thought I was going to skip out on this "joy" of pregnancy, seeing how most of the other prenatal yoga mamas have been talking about it for weeks & weeks, yet I hadn't experienced it.

Best moment last week? Getting a MUCH needed massage, mani & pedi.

Movement?  It's constant. I'm not sure when this child sleeps, seriously. If Baby l isn't keeping me up at night or waking me up in the morning with kicks, then s/he's all up in my ribs during the day!

Symptoms?  Finding crumbs of food in between my boobs and the top of my bump. Calf cramps. Fatigue, rearing its ugly head again. (I think this is a combination of the heat...high 90's to low 100's...and nearing the 3rd trimester).

Food cravings? Still no "cravings" per se, but I can't get enough fresh fruit.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :)

Labor signs? Nada.

Belly button in/out? Flat. Just plain ol' flat & weird.

What I miss: Bending over like a normal person. Not constantly having stuff (food, paint, strings, you name it) on my belly & being unaware until I get home & look in the mirror. If I have a booger in my nose, or something in my teeth, I expect you, as my friend, to tell me. Same goes for something being on my belly, okay? Okay.

What I am looking forward to: 4th of July festivities with the hubby and good friends.

Milestones: I knew it would happen at some point, I just wasn't sure when. I hit the milestone of someone telling me, when ordering a tall, black iced tea, no sweetener, at Starbucks, that I should NOT be drinking caffeine while pregnant.
 
Unfortunately, I was caught completely off guard, but the 30-something male barista? He wasn't. Without skipping a beat, he turned to the older woman who made the comment to me, and said, "Actually, she can have between 200-300mg of caffeine per day without any harm to the baby." I wanted to reach across the counter and kiss him. Instead, I smiled at her, turned back to him, and mouthed a very big "THANK YOU!" and left a tip in his tip jar. 
 
And for the record? I don't drink coffee. I don't eat chocolate. I love tea. But I only drink it 1-2 times per week, as a small treat. Some weeks, I don't drink it at all, and other weeks, I drink it more often than that. I've done my research and I feel perfectly fine with my decision. Would I REALLY put *MY* baby in harms way? Exactly. 

6 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! I have to take an extra molecular potassium/mag/calcium supplement (even tho I was taking a whole food prenatal) while pregnant to avoid leg cramps. It worked like a charm.

    It amazes me how people like to boss you around when it comes to being pregnant. I mean, there are people who take prescriptions their Doctors prescribe them that does more harm than caffeine. It's not like you're smoking or using recreational drugs for pete's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That caffeine comment cracks me up. My doctor actually told me to get my butt to Starbucks the second I feel a headache coming on since I get them so often and Tylenol doesn't help. Go male barista! I would have left him a tip as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that guy knows his stuff! I think all Starbucks employees should know that little tidbit anyway - they are selling caffeine, after all. and you look so cute, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest! Have a wonderful weekend dear! (And I love the Starbucks guy. How great!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh. annoying. Why people feel so inclined to nose-in their opinion when it's not their business. Those guidelines of do this/don't do that is totally over prescribed (with *some* things) I think a lot of it is totally up to interpretation and a matter of opinion. A small dose of caffeine or even red wine is not going to do any harm. Why don't they talk more about the fact that the affect of epidurals, petocin and c-sections are under-researched and a risk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! And the whole caffeine thing? You have nothing to be ashamed of! I LOVE coffee, and I try to just limit it to a couple of times a week or drink decaf. It's your body and your baby- you know what is best!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP