Thursday, July 7, 2011

26w2d - 96 Days To Go!


How far along?  26 weeks, 2 days (pics taken 26w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +20lbs. According to my OB's records: 15lbs.

Maternity clothes?  Aside from my yoga pants, pretty much everything I wear is maternity these days. Very few non-mat things fit me.

Stretch marks? Nada.

Sleep?  Back to tossing & turning, arms falling asleep, and getting up to pee 3 to 4 times every night. I thought I still had a few weeks left before the uncomfortable sleep stage happened?

Best moment last week? Spending 4 days in Lake Havasu over the 4th of July weekend. It was the perfect, relaxing getaway!

Movement?  Still ALL the time! I love it and know I'm going to miss feeling the jabs & kicks once Baby L is here.

Symptoms?  Poor sleep. Achey feet.

Food cravings? Nope.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :) I'm still feeling girl, but baby was kicking me in the ribs really hard the other day, and without thinking, I said, "What are you doing in there, baby boy?" Hmmm...

Labor signs? Nada.

Belly button in/out? Flat. Just plain ol' flat & weird.

What I miss: Not being hot all the time!

What I am looking forward to: Date night to the local farm team baseball game on Friday night. Our first Hypnobabies birthing class on Saturday! Midwife appointment on Tuesday.

Milestones: 6.5 months pregnant! And under 100 days until Birth Day! {Today marks 96 days}. When I saw that on my weekly email from The Bump, I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. These next 3 months are going to FLY by.
  
**A tale from the OB's office: I had an appointment with my NP yesterday. She measured me, listened to Baby's heartbeat, looked at my vitals in my chart & exclaimed, "You're the perfect pregnant woman! Girl, you were MADE to do this!" Sweet, right?

And then, she started asking if we were signed up for our birthing classes yet. {yes} And then, she started asking if I had started my kick counts yet. {nope. but apparently I have to start next week}. And then, she asked if I had scheduled my glucose tolerance test yet. {nope. and not gonna.} 

The music came to a screech and you would have thought I told her that I have been using illicit drugs for the past 6.5 months. All hell broke loose & she kinda freaked out on me. I explained to her that I would be opting out of the glucose tolerance test, and explained my (many) reasons why. She then told me that I could opt out, but she will have to treat me as a diabetic patient & I will have to prick my finger twice a day & take medicine & follow a "very strict" diet, and is that what I wanted?

After Mr. Lukie spoke up, confirming once again that no, I would not be taking the test, but would instead be taking it with REAL FOOD (and not some syrupy, sugary drink) with our midwife next week, she cooled off a tiny bit. But not before she snidely said, "Ohhh...that's riiiiight. YOU'RE doing a home birth, aren't you?" And then she followed that up with, "Because of 'this,' you will now have to see the OB at your next appointment instead of me." {Darn. You mean I don't have to deal with your condescending words & lack of support?}

I can't wait to see my OB. I haven't seen him since my very first appointment, when I was 7w6d. And I can't wait to tell him all about how wonderfully his NP treats me, due to the choices I am making for MY baby. {Has she forgotten that I am the Mama here? This isn't HER pregnancy, HER baby, HER choice. It's mine.}  Can't. Freaking. Wait. 

Me & Baby L, soaking up a little Vitamin D while at Lake Havasu for the 4th of July.

If this isn't a proud Papa, I dunno what is ;)
 

12 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the snide NP--that's ridiculous!

    And girl, you are ROCKING that bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How obnoxious is that NP. I can't handle people like that. Good luck with your OB! Let us know how it goes. And as always, you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr!! Seriously? I would have kicked that lady in the teeth. So sorry you had to deal with that but I'm glad you stuck to your guns. Why on earth do people feel the need to judge your choices?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog for a little while now and I am so excited that you chose to do a homebirth. My hubby and I debated and in the end decided to deliver at the hospital. In the end I was able to deliver naturally. You can read my babies birth story here:
    http://thebridge83.blogspot.com/2011/04/abbies-birth-story-seems-kind-of-funny.html
    It's crazy how little people nowadays know about natural deliveries....by all means I am not opposed to the great strides they have made in medicine, but I hate how pregnancy is treated as a disease. Good for you for standing your ground and taking care of your baby in the way you feel God has called you to! Let me know if you have any questions about labor and stuff. I'd love to help you out. A friend of my had a homebirth the day after we had our baby so I could always put you in touch with her if you don't know anyone whose had one. Take care and you are looking great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1). You ARE the perfect pregnant lady.

    2). Nurse needs to shut it.

    3). Family pic is ridiculously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hate you a little I hope you know. 4 years out of pregnancy and I'm still not in a bikini. ; )

    I am happy you are standing up for yourself, your baby and your choices.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO proud of you for sticking up for your choices/decisions with your pregnancy. Your NP should butt out!

    And I am slightly jealous of how amazing you look in a bikini. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama Bear, you look great! Also happy to hear that everythings going smoothly for Baby L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be so tempted to give that woman my thoughts! You have a lot of restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would definitely mention the issues with the NP to your DR.. close minded people suck!

    So fun that you're doing a home birth! I've had too many pregnancy complications with preterm labor to try and consider it- but I loveee reading stories of people who do! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Again, I can't believe your NP treated you that way :(

    2. I also love you are doing hypnobabies...I've read a lot about it d/t a facebook/high school friend being a doula & hypnobabies teacher- I am very interested in doing this when I have a baby so I can't wait to hear about your experience!

    3. Mr. Lukie is definitely a proud Papa! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP