Thursday, August 4, 2011

30w2d - Only 68 Days To Go!




How far along?  30 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +27lbs. According to my OB's records: +22lbs. (For those of you keeping track, yes, that is a 5lb gain in 2 weeks. Ouch)

Maternity clothes?  Seriously? I couldn't stick my pinky toe into non-mat clothes if I wanted to.

Stretch marks? Nada. I freaked out yesterday, sending a text to my mom & my BFF that the time had come and I had seen the beginnings of stretch marks. Turns out, it was just veins I saw. Dramatic, much?

Sleep?  It's hit or miss these days. If I'm overly exhausted, I'll sleep incredibly well (but still wake up exhausted). If I'm feeling fine, my sleep is choppy & I'm up throughout the night--either pee related or insomnia related.

Best moment last week? Celebrating Mr. Lukie's birthday! 

We saw the OB on Monday (remember when I was "sent to the principal's office" by my rude NP for declining the Glucose Tolerance Test? It was that follow up appointment). Anyway, he told me that it is my body and my pregnancy, and if I wish to decline the test because I had a postprandial test done with my midwife, that he fully supported my wishes. He FULLY supports our home birth decision, as well. I think we both walked out of that appointment feeling great :)

Movement?  Nothing is slowing this little bugger down. S/he still loves to hang out on my right side, in my rib cage, and I find myself pushing Baby L down and away from my ribs multiple times a day--stubborn baby! 

Also, Baby L is fond of hiccuping about once a day or so. I've been feeling this for the past 2 weeks, but at first, I couldn't figure out what that odd, rhythmic moving around was--I thought it was well timed kicking, and then realized it was the cutest little hiccups!

Symptoms?  Achey feet. Peeing every 20 minutes. Pelvic pressure like no other (standing for any longer than 10 minutes warrants holding my belly up with my hands). Round ligament pain. Waddling. Fatigue has also made a reappearance. I just FEEL heavy and it takes a lot of work to lug my body around these days.
I've turned into Moody Mary lately (poor hubby). The worst part is that I KNOW I'm being irrational/crabby in the moment, but I just can't seem to help myself and I continue down the war path until I find myself in tears. It's ridiculous, really. I've never felt so out of control of my emotions in my life!

Food cravings? Nope. I'm actually having a lot of trouble eating these days--I'm just NOT hungry. I have to force myself to eat periodically throughout the day because I know Baby L needs the sustenance and nutrients. Protein has been especially hard to eat. If I could just eat grapes, cantaloupe and strawberries all day long, I would be a happy camper.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :)

Labor signs? Just Braxton Hicks a few times a week.

Belly button in/out? Apparently, the turkey is done! (I have a full blown outie going on--but only when I'm standing. When I sit, it is just flush with my stomach).

What I miss: The 2nd trimester. Man, those 3 months were bliss! I'm now beginning to understand women who don't enjoy pregnancy. I'm still enjoying being pregnant, but it's not as wonderful & fun as it was in the 2nd tri. Not even close.

What I am looking forward to: September. I'll be done with all of my traveling by then and can finally just relax. I'm so tired of being on the go & busy constantly.

Milestones: Baby L is weighing about 3 pounds and is measuring about 16 inches long. S/he opens her/his eyes when s/he's awake & closes them when s/he's sleeping.

4 comments:

  1. You're getting so close! I can't believe you and Jen will be having babies before I know it. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember feeling like "Moody Mary" when I was pregnant. I would KNOW that I was being irrational, and yet I couldn't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pelvic pressure was by far the hardest thing for me. I swore she was just going to fall right out of me.

    The hiccups must be such a neat feeling! (I never had that).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pelvic pressure is just insane for me right now, too. Hoping you can rest and get some relief at the end of the day! :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP