Thursday, August 11, 2011

31w2d - Feelin' Large




How far along?  31 weeks, 2 days (pics taken 31w1d)

Total weight gain/loss? According to my records: +23lbs. According to my OB's records: +18lbs. (So last week, apparently my calculations were way off...whoops! It wasn't a 5 pound gain in 2 weeks...just a 2 pound gain in 2 weeks, which is right on track)

Maternity clothes?  Seriously? I couldn't stick my pinky toe into non-mat clothes if I wanted to.

Stretch marks? Still nothin'.

Sleep?  It's horrendous. So much so that we came home 1 day early from our Babymoon because after 1 night there, I just couldn't sleep and ended up in tears at 1am because of it :( Logging an interrupted 3 hours of sleep over the course of 24 hours is no bueno.

Best moment last week? Throwing my BFF's Baby Sprinkle!

Movement?  Pure insanity, I tell you! We're both still in awe of watching my belly just roll around and contort in all sorts of positions.

Symptoms?  Same ol' same ol'...add achey hips to the ever expanding list. Oh, and how come no one ever told me that it would become difficult to, um, use toilet paper after using the restroom at some point?

Food cravings? None.

Gender? We will find out on Birth Day :)

Labor signs? Just Braxton Hicks a few times a week.

Belly button in/out? Outie all the way...and you know what? I love it!

What I miss: Being able to tie my own shoes :)

What I am looking forward to: Our week long vacation/work trip for me to Big Sky, Montana with hundreds of CrossFitters!

Milestones: Baby L is now about 18 inches long and weighs over 3 pounds! 

**At my midwife appointment today, I mentioned the pelvic pressure I've been feeling (since everyone I talk to tells me it's "too early" for me to be feeling that "as a first timer"). After palpating my uterus, my midwife confirmed that Baby L's head is sitting directly on my symphysis pubis. We chatted briefly about pre-term labor and the signs/symptoms that accompany it. She's not worried at this point, but was definitely shocked to see how low Baby L is with 9 more weeks to go.
I measured exactly at 31 weeks today & all of my vitals are perfect. Baby L stretches from my pubic bone, up to directly under my diaphragm and is in the "ready" position for delivery. I just pray that Baby L stays in this position for the next 9 weeks and isn't just being a tease ;) Heart rate was in the 140's, for those of you who like to use the heart rate as an indicator of gender.

11 comments:

  1. You look cute! I carried both my kids low like that, from about 30 weeks on. It's not for the faint of heart, and they have mega cone heads, but I only pushed a matter of minutes with both of them! So maybe there's something to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like h/she is primed to just shoot out of there as soon as the floodgates open ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking super cute! Hoping baby stays in that position for you! BTW the whole heart rate gender thing and any other indicator is a crock of crap....we didn't find out our babies gender until birth day either and about 75% of people including my hubby and I thought it was a boy..heart rate was typically 140s too....guess what? Girl! So not a one of those dumb tests really says anything! I was all belly too (which people say is boy)...wrong again! Sorry about no one warning you about the tp thing. Made me laugh reading that though cause I think I thought the same thing at one point when I was preggo as well! Not to be too graphic on here but I like when people were honest with me...I am glad someone told me about excessive discharge in pregnancy or I would have been worried. Just a heads up now...it increases even more at the end...hope thats not tmi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what your little one is! :) Most people say the wives tales are a load of crap, but Lizzy lived up to most of them. Two in particular were that she had a high heart rate and I carried her high. So I am more of a believer now than I was before :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing Sarah! Your maternity clothes are soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weight gain IS right on track! Excellent! And you make a beautiful mommy-to-be :) Getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you may be feeling large but you look fantastic. You're getting so so close :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol my two cousins have given a heads up on a lot of the TMI pregnancy symptoms that no one talks about (like excessive discharges) and ya know... the TP one is new to me too!

    Still look wonderful and I have my fingers crossed that Bebe L hangs out 9 more weeks! Your trip sounds fun! Hope you get more snooze time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope baby L decides to stay that way! I am pretty sure that baby S is sitting in the EXACT same place, because it's been pretty intense! :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hot mama! Fun blog! I came over from Chesterrific to say hi. Can't wait to hear about baby boy or girl when they come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings everyone from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP